First  |  Prev |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61
Detecting hidden files
hey i m wondering if a person could detect a hidden file then if its hidden then remove hidden attribute for it and delete file is there a function for detecting hidden file and removing there attributes? ... 13 Oct 2009 02:19
SetTextColor vs Common Controls
Hi everyone! Got a weird glitch going on while trying to change the text color of a groupbox. This is my code: ; Groupbox (button) controls use WM_CTLCOLORSTATIC ; instead of WM_CTLCOLORBTN. Case WM_CTLCOLORSTATIC invoke GetDlgCtrlID,lParam .if eax == IDB_GROUPBOX invoke SetTextColo... 6 Oct 2009 14:51
Printing in landscape with WinAPI
Hi, i use either CreateDC() or PrintDlg() to retrieve a handle to a printer. It works fine and i can print out my stuff, but i don't know... 1.) how to print in lanscape when i used CreateDC() to open the default printer 2.) how to check if i have selected landscape orientation when i use the PrintDlg()-Functi... 4 Oct 2009 13:14
Changing Font-Size in Static Text Control
Hello, how can I change (in plain C/Win32) the font size of a Sstatic-Text-Control? I know WM_SETFONT, but that's not the key... Thomas ... 30 Sep 2009 05:43
IsGUIThread always returns TRUE...
I thought IsGUIThread would be a useful function to try with a problem I have at the moment. However, IsGUIThread always seems to return true. I tried it first as the first line in the winmain of a windows app: DWORD res = ::IsGUIThread(FALSE); and res was 1. So I though, OK, I'll do a console app: ... 1 Oct 2009 04:58
CBitmapButton - need it for 3 state button
Hello Is CBitmapButton ready for work with 3state push button (the normal button that toggles between pressed and non pressed state)? Regards ... 29 Sep 2009 04:08
IShellLink::GetPath returns the wrong path. Why?
I'm trying to get a file path from a .lnk file. I'm using the following code for that: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/130698 In most cases it works flawlessly, but for some links it doesn't work. Here's an example. If anyone of you has a newer MS Word (version 2003 and later), if you try it with its shortcut... 28 Sep 2009 02:41
How to know exactly when a window is ceated for the first time (WM_CREATE and WM_NCCREATE not working )
Hi there, My requirement is that I want to recevie a messgae when a application is launched....and do something... so what i did i setup a WH_CALLWNDPROC hook ....and i listen for for WM_CREATE and /or WM_NCCREATE... I get message whenever application get's created.. and I do whatever i want ... ... 28 Sep 2009 03:45
CreateWindow fail when used at WM_CREATE ?
Hi, I was just trying to create a button( BS_GROUP ) at the WM_CREATE of the main window, but it fails.. But when I create it just after create the main window, its fine, why? Cant I create buttons at the WM_CREATE? Or is just something stupid Im missing? That works ok: //******* hmainwnd = CreateWindo... 29 Sep 2009 09:37
Relay accurate time over network
I'm working on a project where I need to synchronize time on several PC's connected to a network. I want to point out that this synch should be as precise as possible - down to milliseconds. What seems like a trivial task has become quite a challenge, so I need your take on it. Here's what I do: 1. The source ... 28 Sep 2009 11:24