First  |  Prev |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57
How to abort FindFirstFile or FindNextFile when taking too long
I noticed that when I call the FindFirstFile or FindNextFile on a large folder of tens of thousands of files, it can take several minutes at Windows start up time before the function even returns. My question is whether there exists an API I can use to cancel the find? I'd like to use this API to possibly cancel th... 14 Nov 2009 19:57
i want function to know the active language in windows
hello all, my problem that i can't get the language id that has been active in this time using c++ please can any one help me in that thank you ... 15 Nov 2009 23:17
How to resolve the ftLastWriteTime field bug of FtpFindFirstFile in wininet.dll?
Hi, I had this problem, too, and afaik there is no real solution for this. I decided to use log files, where I store the original UTC filetimes. There are several problems: 1. GetFileTime returns UTC, but FtpFindFirstFile returns the *local* filetime, not UTC. And rounded down. I cannot convert this to UTC w... 10 Nov 2009 02:37
TrackPopupMenuEx() problem
i am tring creat popup menu, it is creating but it is veri slim even imposible to see. pleas help case NM_RCLICK: { POINT p; GetCursorPos(&p); HMENU menu=CreateMenu(); AppendMenu(menu,MF_STRING,ID_ADD,"Add"); AppendMenu(menu,MF_STRING,ID_RUN,"Run"); AppendMenu(menu,MF_SEPARATOR,0,""); Appen... 8 Nov 2009 15:11
#32770 window order
LONG GetWindowLong( HWND hWnd, int nIndex ); GetWindowLong uses a handle to a window, it doesn't care what the z-order is. You might want to try Set/GetWindowLong with nIndex set to GWL_ID and GWL_USERDATA. I don't think it's a good idea to depend on the Win32 API to return windows in the order you ... 7 Nov 2009 18:28
Check whether drive is a USB flash drive
Hi, I have a root path, e. g. J:\, and want to determine the type of the bus this drive is connected to. How would I do this? I know how to enumerate the *devices* on a specific bus (using the SetupDi* API), but I don't know how to enumerate the *volumes* on a specific bus. Also I hope there's a more direct way ... 9 Nov 2009 03:20
Using SHChangeNotifyRegister
Hello Using SHChangeNotifyRegister with SHCNE_RENAMEITEM , i receive SHCNE_RENAMEITEM twice. I suppose that it's because the rename creates a new file then deletes the old one ? How to tell Windows that i do not need the second message ? Jean ... 8 Nov 2009 02:05
OpenCV - Icon in Window
Hello, I've created a program with OpenCV which show a JPG-Image in a Window: strcpy(szTemp, TEXT("Name of the Window")); (IplImage*) img = cvLoadImage(szTemp, 1); cvNamedWindow(szText, 0); cvShowImage(szText, img); cvWaitKey(0); cvDestroyWindow(szText); The Window has only a standard "Empty Window Icon" ... 7 Nov 2009 14:02
GetLogicalDriveStrings
Hello I use GetLogicalDriveStrings to get the list of the drives. The returned list does not include the network drives if i they have not been previously accessed ('opened') by the Explorer or Winfile. Please help :-(( Jean ... 5 Nov 2009 11:07
GDI+ resize transformation question
I am looking at several drawing applications and noticed the following: I draw 4 rectangles on the screen with 0 (Rect1), 90 (Rect2), 180 (Rect3), and 270 (Rect4) degrees of rotation respectively. I then select all 4 rectangles and proceed to resize the bottom side of Rect1 along the Y axis by +5 pixels. I i... 4 Nov 2009 16:24