First  |  Prev |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64
ChangeDisplaySettingsEx Upsupported resolution
Hi I am trying to set an "unsupported" screen resolution in Windows using the ChangeDisplaySettingsEx API call. I get a DISP_CHANGE_BADMODE error. If I uncheck the "Hide modes that this monitor cannot display" for the monitor settings the call works and the resolution is displayed correctly. is there any way ... 18 Dec 2008 14:54
Vista Power Management API - Shutdown on idle
In Windows XP you can use WritePwrScheme to configure the idle settings. Although it isn't documented in MSDN if you set IdleAc=Shutdown the system will shutdown instead of sleeping or hibernating. In Vista the API is MUCH more complex. The sleep settings are configured as settings of GUID_SLEEP_SUBGROUP. The ... 18 Dec 2008 07:47
Testing a Value Set With, For Example, InterlockedExchange()
I'm looking at InterlockedExchange(), InterlockedIncrement(), etc. Just one question ... am I guaranteed that a read of a 32-bit variable on a Win32 platform is atomic? I was kind of looking for an InterlockedGet() function, but none seems to exist. I did find this in the Microsoft MSDN documentation: <... 15 Dec 2008 01:40
Calling registerDragDrop (OLE API) function from VB.NET/C#.NET
Is it possible to call the following OLE API function from within VB.NET or C#.NET? The reason I ask is that the second parameter is expecting a pointer to an object (IDropTarget) instance, which to my knowledge is not available in these languages. Generally speaking, my attempts to call the function return E_I... 8 Dec 2008 10:29
Middle Click in Task bar : How to get Application's process onwhich click is done
Arif Ali Saiyed wrote: Hi there, I have set a hook on WNDPRROC.... Where I am listening for Middle Click msg...... when middle click is done on any application's button in taskbar... I wanna Kill/close that application.... This works on XP : WH_GETMESSAGE, WindowFromPoint() to get the Too... 3 Dec 2008 08:08
Hyperlink in an App with WinAPI
Hello NG, does anybody knows how to get this Syslink Control within the CommonControls 6 running? I used the examples at http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/bb760706(VS.85).aspx generating a dynamic CommonControl adapting the given sourcecode on this msdn site and I tried to use the Syslink Control using... 3 Dec 2008 11:36
maximum line number of ini file, using ::GetPrivateProfileString
is there any maximum line number of INI file when using ::GetPrivateProfileString(...)? i'm making a long INI file, so just afraid of the limitation of the INI file length. thank you. ... 3 Dec 2008 10:25
Using SHGetFolderPath or SHGetKnownFolderPath according to OS ver
Upto WinXP SHGetFolderPath is supported and with Windows Vista it is to be no longer used says MSDN. I don't want to break compability with Win XP by using SHGetKnownFolderPath. I need my program to use SHGetFolderPath if running in XP and older systems and use SHGetKnownFolderPath if running in Vista or higher. Is... 27 Nov 2008 00:47
Get as much hardware information as possible in C
Hi everybody, i was told that i should ask my question here, cause here are some more skilled people :) What i want to do is to read as much hardware information as possible from the actual system. What i already implemented is this: - read descriptors from CPU - CPUID stuff - Registry-Information (Bi... 20 Nov 2008 19:01
identifying handle leak
I found my app is leaking handle by comparing handle lists from two different times. In the procexp dump,I found 6 sets of following handles increased in about 2 hours. File \Device\Afd\Endpoint File \Device\Tcp File \Device\Tcp Token NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM:3e7 I googled and read that \device\afd\endpoint a... 13 Nov 2008 05:07