First  |  Prev |  Next  |  Last
format USB device
OS: WinXP Media Center Edition Version 2002 Service Pack 2 Hi, I have a digital picture frame, its basically a USB key, just looks different. It shows up as my local Drive L: and in Device Manager it shows up under Disk Drives as "Amlogic Picture Frame USB Device" (5 times) I can use windows form... 18 Aug 2007 16:01
How does the New Hardware Wizard Install Drivers?
Hello all. I need some help figuring out a driver installtion problem. I have this new SigmaTel High Definition Audio driver that I'm trying to install using the UpdateDriverForPlugAndPlayDevices() function. However it doesn't install properly for some reason. The strange thing is, if I manually install the Dr... 14 Aug 2007 13:34
How does Windows 2003 Server record shutdown reason?
We know that each time Windows 2003 Server been shutdown, there will be a dialog which requests the user to input/select the reason. This reason will be recorded in the registry. If the shutdown occurs without this step (shutdown reason dialog), a similar dialog will be pop in the next time Windows 2003 Server star... 22 May 2007 21:25
Scanning USB devices and reading USB descriptors
Hi, I'm wondering how I can scan the system for USB devices and read off the USB descriptors such as VID/PID/serial number in C? I have an external USB HDD that I wish to access, and I'm currently able to do so with DeviceIoControl by addressing it as PhysicalDriveX, which will return me information about the de... 15 May 2007 18:25
Newbie question
Hi I am trying - trying hard! - to use CxImage to load an image. I have added include files and also added the cximage.lib to linker aditional dependencies and all paths are fine - I have double and triple checked them. Everything compiles except when I try to use constructor with a file name or create an instan... 9 May 2007 20:14
What An I Missing in This Custom Draw of TreeView.
Hi Folks: Developing on XP Media, with VC6, WIN32, no MFC. A google of "*win32" groups with with "NMTVCUSTOMDRAW" in the body came up empty. Search of any post to this newsgroup with "NMCUSTOMDRAW" anywhere in the body also came up dry. Variants on those themes were also empty. And I'm having ... 6 May 2007 02:29
CAtlmap Crash on vista
I am in porting my application on vista, currently i am facing one problem with CAtlMap. I have a class which has a AtlMap as a member, and whenever i delete my class pointer my application is crashing below is the stacktrace ntdll.dll!_RtlpCoalesceFreeBlocks(a)16() + 0xb0 bytes ntdll.dll!@RtlpFreeHeap(a)16() ... 5 Mar 2007 12:50
Color in console output?
Hello! I was wondering if it is possible to change the color in the console output? And if so, what color gradients are available (how many colors)? -- Cheers, John den Haan joDhn[dot]haEan[at]chLello[dot]nl Remove capital 'DEL' from above addy to obtain e-mail address ... 18 Feb 2007 18:10
Timers in Console Applications
I'm having trouble figuring out how to create and use a timer in Windows when you don't want to build an actual windowed application, but rather are making a console app. All examples I've found so tie timers directly into the windows. For Example: http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/microsoft.win32.syste... 1 Feb 2007 17:32
STL stream - precision() and setprecision()
Hi Folks: Developing with VC6, on XP, Win32, no MFC. I'm trying to convert a double precision float value to a text string. I'll need two versions, for and TCHAR and ASCII char buffers. _ecvt_s and _fcvt_s generate "undeclared identifier" errors. So I'm trying to use: usi... 27 Jan 2007 16:53
First  |  Prev |  Next  |  Last