First  |  Prev |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
Settings for old games
I have win98se and want to play some old DOS games but I can't remember how to load cd-rom & mouse drivers in the autoexec.bat and config.sys. Also, can anyone tell me if these setting are correct? Autoexec SET TEMP=C:\TEMP SET BLASTER=A220 I5 D1 P330 T? (I can't remember what the 'T' is for and how to check ... 15 Sep 2008 16:21
Question about restart in DOS on shutdown
Hi, Recently when I try to shut down win98 to restart in MS-DOS mode, an Open With box comes up that says "click the program you want to use to ope the file 'Exit To Dos.pif.' Why is this happening instead of the computer restarting in DOS? It never did that before, when I get to the Dos Prompt there is C:\WINDO... 21 Aug 2008 16:33
It's time to abandon Windows 98
wrote: This message was posted using an antique 66mhz 286 PC, running Microsoft Windows 3.1. That's great! I didn't know a 286 had that much overclocking potential. Since the fastest 286 ever sold was 25 MHz, this is an overclock of at least 164%. Or do you really mean milliherz when you write mhz?... 21 Jan 2008 07:03
Window 98 or Window 98 second edition?
Hallo! My name is Alessandro and I'm writing from Italy. I have window 98 on my pc but I don't know if it is Window 98 second edition or simply Window 98. I've checked on the "System proprieties" and I've see this number"4.10.2222 A" Is anybody knows from this number wich operating sistem I have? I hope that som... 27 Nov 2007 00:36
How to install 1GB RAM on Win98
I installed one 1GB RAM in Win98 machine and it won't boot. I remember hearing that 512M was the normal maximum but that there is a change that can be made so it will accept 1GB. 1 - Does anyone know how to use 1GB with Win98SE? 2 - Is there any advantage in going from 512 to 1GB? Thanks. Bob ... 12 Aug 2007 12:01
Help - ATI Video driver issue
I have an old video card that I want to use in my older computer. The card is an ATI RAGE PRO from AMC I can not find a driver, and part of this seems to be due to the lack of any actual model number that I can match up with, or the drivers I find are for XP, NT, or something else. I need a driver for Win98se (a... 4 Aug 2007 19:04
USB Zip Drive wont install
I picked up a used USB Zip drive at a garage sale. They said it worked, they just did not need it anymore. I dont always believe things like this, but it does look like a new drive, for whatever that's worth. Anyhow, I plugged it in. Win98se recognized it at new hardware. However, I cant access it. It shows ... 22 Jul 2007 12:15
Ondersteuning door de fabrikant . . .
(Ben er overigens ondertussen achtergekomen dat de bestanden wel gedownload worden. Ze komen te staan in de map Temporary Internet Files.) Dear Dolores, When Kingston doesn't support the DataTraveler on Windows 98 then why states the package: " Win 98SE driver at www.kingston.com/drivers/dtI98 " ??? And... 23 May 2007 22:40
win98 first edition usb flash problem?
Hi I did not get any help from Google or Toshiba/Iris I have toshiba PA1411U-1M1G USB flash drive but I cannot get it to work in Win98 (I suppose the drivers I downloaded for the U2E usb flash are not the right for the pa14411 model nor are the Maximus's generic usb drivers because they report 'wrong win98' Le... 9 May 2007 02:53
Safe mode in Firefox, messed w/me
I Really thot that if you used their little diagnostic tool to find problems, all would go back to normal when done, but not so, never do that again. The one I can't fix is the special fast start bar (not real name) on the top of a page, it went blank and without redoing each entry, which I'd never remember I'd lik... 3 May 2007 01:53
First  |  Prev |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10