First  |  Prev |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
W98SE-CD needed
This is probably the wrong place to look but .... I recently had a problem with a hard drive and decided to start over after after copying all of my personal files that I had stored on that drive ... and then formatting it. Next thing that I discovered is that my W98SE CD has somehow gotten scratched, and was ... 22 Mar 2007 11:15
Driver for Sandisk SDDR-113 required
Hi, I am looking for a Win98 driver for a Sandisk Micromate Reader (SDDR-113). I have searched the Sandisk site but can't find anything there. Does anyone know if such a driver exists and where I can download a copy ? Thanks, -- Steven ... 13 Mar 2007 01:57
RARSFX folders in Windown Temp folder
I'm running Win98 with all the updates and patches till MS stopped supporting it. I also have AVG 7.5 free version installed and running. While "snooping" around in Windows Explorer, I noticed in C:/Windows/Temp seven folders named RARSFX*, where * is an arabic numeral from 0 to 6. RARSFX0 thru RARSFX4 folders a... 6 Mar 2007 13:12
Codecs
Hello again, all I know is that a codec is a compression/decompresion plugin. Can anyone say with authority if Windows 98se can NOT handle the modern "avi" files? Ihave Media Player 9 and it works well with audio files but video files are a problem. Most attempts to watch a video other than mpeg brings up the err... 1 Mar 2007 15:47
IE 6 for Win98 SE ?
Anything wrong with IE 6 SP1 on a 98 SE machine? I don't use IE, only when required and am running into some limitations with IE 5.5 Regards, Bill Watt Win98 Computer Help & Other Information http://home.ptd.net/~bwatt/ ... 25 Feb 2007 01:25
USB 2.0 problems in Win98S.E.
I've read and reread lots of related posts to my subject, but none that quite fit my problem. I've got one PC that's several years old, has a MB with USB 1.1 capability only and the CPU is a Pentium 3, 600MHz. I have it setup with dual boot, into either Win98S.E. or Win2000, and have several partitions that are... 17 Feb 2007 19:34
Can't install HP Photosmart AS10 software
Got a small photo printer for Christmas and am now trying to install its software. The CD lists Win 98 SE as a valid OS, but after some processing I get the error: Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library Runtime error Program D:\SETUP\HPZRCV01.EXE abnormal program termination I contacted HP support (I ... 5 Feb 2007 17:47
Windows 98 updates
In the last week or two, somebody on this newsgroup posted a link to Windows 98SE updates and said that since MS doesn't support Windows 98 any more, those interested should get the updates while they are still available. I was going to go to the URL which was posted, but I forgot and now, I can't find the message ... 16 Feb 2007 19:00
Problems installing USB to parallel printer cable drivers
I am using Windows 98SE. I purchased a USB to Parallel adapter cable (so I can connect a printer to the USB port instead of the parallel port). The instructions stated to locate the folder on the installation CD where U2Par.inf was located. The disk didn't have such a file. So I downloaded U2Par.inf from the intern... 13 Jan 2007 14:40
upgrade to XP
I've managed the upgrade to XP without too many problems... Having used Everest Home to produce a summary of drivers. The only obvious issues at the moment are: I can't get a driver upgrade for... Motherboard Chipset: SiS661FX/GX [the download from their site opens and says it can't find the component] ... 7 Jan 2007 11:28
First  |  Prev |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10