First  |  Prev |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156
Forums versus newsgroups - can you indulge a SBS MVP by answering some questions?
OT but related: If you hate MS Answers forums, what do you think of the new Windows Live Help forums & UI? http://windowslivehelp.com/ Susan Bradley wrote: As an SBSer I hope you'll indulge me in a fishing expedition on forums versus newsgroups. I need to pick your brain a bit if you don't mind? Ca... 9 Mar 2010 20:24
How to get back to XP Home from {Invalid Copy XP -Pro}
I have recently been given a PC to Repair, from a client. XP-Pro Has Failed the Genuine Windows License Check.. Which the customer presumes was done by a relative trying to repair the machine..! The machine Has a Valid License for XP-Home Edition, and I have an XP-Home Disk(Not the Original), and the custom... 10 Mar 2010 19:49
Cannot Detect my modem
I just reformatted my computer and my computer wont detect my modem at all any idea why? ... 23 Mar 2010 18:22
Software Installation in XP Pro
All of a sudden there is one software package I can't get installled on my laptop. I'm running XP Pro (SP3) and have installed this software (Autocad 2000) on other machines in my possession which are running the exact same version with no probs. The isntalltion barely gets started. Autorun initiates the pro... 9 Mar 2010 16:58
how to prevent retrieval of deleted files
I deleted some confidential files from D drives (harddisk paritioned into C & D drives) then I go to Recycle Bin to empty all. then I go do Disk Cleanup. Can the deleted files be un-deleted/retrieved? If not, how to fool-proof? Thanks ... 9 Mar 2010 14:41
FAX Console not printing
Fax console is configured to print the fax when it is received. Previously when the printer was hosted by the same computer it the incoming fax would print automatically. Recently, that printer was moved to a different computer, and the console was modified to print to the print device on that computer. Unfortuna... 8 Mar 2010 18:43
XP-Pro UNC network locks up several times a day, what to do?
I have an extremely annoying problem with my XP-Pro laptop. Several times a day (say 5-10 times) the networking locks up so that if I try anything in any application that has anything to do with networking then that application locks up. The block is on for several *minutes*, after which it goes away and the PC wor... 18 Mar 2010 16:40
Where are the Vista/ Windows7 newsgroups?
My search can't find them. Please help. At a friends place last night we could not find "Outlook Express" or Windows Explorer on his new computer. ... 8 Mar 2010 17:35
How to back up system???
"Stacey" wrote: I hear alot about backing up your system and what to back up. But how do I do that?? Do I do it by puchasing a USB flash drive, external hard drive or what? I don't have a dvd burner so I can't do it that way. Any help would be appreciated it. thanks in advance -- Stace... 9 Mar 2010 12:22
WinXP Instant Shutdown
I'm running Win XP, SP3, 2 GB of RAM, Firefox, all WU's, Avira & SpywareDoctor set for updates and re-scans every day, MBAM, SAS, CCleaner resident on my Compaq laptop. Lately, sometimes right after I open up WLM and Firefox, the computer does an immediate shutdown - The screen goes black and the computer is com... 8 Mar 2010 23:09