From: imotgm on
On Sun, 15 Jan 2006 17:38:51 +0000, Krister Hallergard wrote:

> Any luck?

Actually my project in 10.1 kind of snowballed, and I'm still there. I
haven't forgotten you, just haven't switched to 2006 yet. I will get there
as soon as I can. ;-)

--
imotgm
"Lost? Lost? I've never been lost... Been a tad confused for a

From: imotgm on
On Sun, 15 Jan 2006 17:38:51 +0000, Krister Hallergard wrote:

> imotgm wrote:
>> On Mon, 09 Jan 2006 08:28:03 +0000, Krister Hallergard wrote:

>> I was running Excel 97 from the windows drive with wine, on Mandrake 10.1
>> when I posted the suggestion. I haven't tried 2006 yet, which you say
>> you've had no luck with. I'm doing some things right now that will
>> probably take another day, then I'll try 2006, and let you know how it
>> goes.
>>
> Any luck?

Strangely enough, I can't find wine listed as an installable .rpm for
Mandriva 2006 x86_64. It is not on the DVD, and doesn't show up in main,
contrib, or PLF. As I said earlier, I have no need of it, but was willing
to help you out, and play with it a bit, while I was at it. When it gets
to the point of having to work at it, just to answer a few questions, I
think it's time for me to bow out. There must be people, like yourself,
that want, or need, wine that can do some testing for you, on systems that
have it installed, and configured already. I wish you luck, with it, but I
have things I need to do, that have to take precedence.

From: R10000 on
imotgm <imotgm_REM(a)invalid.yahoo.com> wrote in

> On Sun, 15 Jan 2006 17:38:51 +0000, Krister Hallergard wrote:
>

>> imotgm wrote:
>>> On Mon, 09 Jan 2006 08:28:03 +0000, Krister Hallergard wrote:
>

>>> I was running Excel 97 from the windows drive with wine, on Mandrake
>>> 10.1 when I posted the suggestion. I haven't tried 2006 yet, which
>>> you say you've had no luck with. I'm doing some things right now
>>> that will probably take another day, then I'll try 2006, and let you
>>> know how it goes.
>>>
>> Any luck?
>
> Strangely enough, I can't find wine listed as an installable .rpm for
> Mandriva 2006 x86_64. It is not on the DVD, and doesn't show up in
> main, contrib, or PLF. As I said earlier, I have no need of it, but
> was willing to help you out, and play with it a bit, while I was at
> it. When it gets to the point of having to work at it, just to answer
> a few questions, I think it's time for me to bow out. There must be
> people, like yourself, that want, or need, wine that can do some
> testing for you, on systems that have it installed, and configured
> already. I wish you luck, with it, but I have things I need to do,
> that have to take precedence.

check the download links at winehq.
i'm not saying it's there, but that's where i always start from.
From: Krister Hallergard on
imotgm wrote:
> On Sun, 15 Jan 2006 17:38:51 +0000, Krister Hallergard wrote:
>

>>imotgm wrote:
>>
>>>On Mon, 09 Jan 2006 08:28:03 +0000, Krister Hallergard wrote:
>

>>>I was running Excel 97 from the windows drive with wine, on Mandrake 10.1
>>>when I posted the suggestion. I haven't tried 2006 yet, which you say
>>>you've had no luck with. I'm doing some things right now that will
>>>probably take another day, then I'll try 2006, and let you know how it
>>>goes.
>>>

>>Any luck?
>

> Strangely enough, I can't find wine listed as an installable .rpm for
> Mandriva 2006 x86_64. It is not on the DVD, and doesn't show up in main,
> contrib, or PLF. As I said earlier, I have no need of it, but was willing
> to help you out, and play with it a bit, while I was at it. When it gets
> to the point of having to work at it, just to answer a few questions, I
> think it's time for me to bow out. There must be people, like yourself,
> that want, or need, wine that can do some testing for you, on systems that
> have it installed, and configured already. I wish you luck, with it, but I
> have things I need to do, that have to take precedence.

Thank you anyway imotgh
Cheers
Krister