First  |  Prev |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51
wireless external hard drive
Is it possible to have an external hard drive that is reachable only by wireless? Charles ... 8 Dec 2009 16:23
Need to alter IP address - satellite tracking info
Clearwire - 4G - WiMax
with several cities now up and running on WiMax, as it was just launched in Chicago, and I have seen several kiosks with the Moto live running receivers - desktop & USB - wondering how ClearWire will do as an investment ? http://finance.yahoo.com/q?s=CLWR It seems like Clear has several partners, as I've seen... 10 Jan 2010 12:58
New AP vs.New Modem/Router
To improve security should I replace my Wireless AP on my Wireless AP/Router-Modem/8wayEthernet Switch/PC and wireless Laptop system or change my whole system to have a Wireless Router/Modem and WirelessPC and Wireless Laptop; ensuring AP or Wireless Router have WP2A Encryption. ... 6 Dec 2009 05:12
Winter 2.4GHz Propagation
Every year when the first snow cover and temps below 32 degrees F occurs, I begin seeing a sharp increase in associations on my 802.11b access point (actually dhcp leases on the downstream router). The AP is tower mounted, with a switched duplexing amplifier and a 12dbi colinear whip at 30 foot elevation. The leav... 10 Dec 2009 21:11
Connecting Wireless to Public Server
I am just 1/2 mile from a public library that has an open wifi server. I would like to connect to it from my home which is uphill from the library. The wifi in my computer does not even see the library's open server. Can I do something so that I can connect to the library's wifi from my home? ... 6 Dec 2009 11:40
Frequency translating repeater
Hello, I'm currently left wondering about a very basic question: In a cellular network, say GSM or UMTS or - my particular interest - mobile WiMAX, is it at all possible to deploy a simple amplify & forward repeater with frequency translation? More precisely, the repeater should just downconvert the incoming s... 1 Dec 2009 08:16
NEWS: iPhone anti-malware stuck in state of denial. Notneeded, says Apple. Won't run, say developers.
On 11/30/09 2:14 PM, in article hf193p$c7n$2(a)posting2.glorb.com, "WindsorFox<[SS]>" <windsor.fox.usenet(a)gmail.com> wrote: John Navas wrote: The blaze of publicity that accompanied the release of the first iPhone worms this month has sparked interest in selling anti-malware products for the devic... 2 Dec 2009 09:48
MFJ-1800 2.4GHz 15dBi Yagi, again.
I did some cleanup, error correcting, and tinkering with the model of the MFJ-1800 2.4GHz Yagi-Uda antenna. Mostly, I tried to make the model as close to the original antenna as possible and recovering the macros to make it easier to tweak: <http://802.11junk.com/jeffl/antennas/mfj1800/> The NEC2 file is under th... 11 Dec 2009 19:08
NEWS: iPhone anti-malware stuck in state of denial. Not needed,says Apple. Won't run, say developers.
John Navas wrote: The blaze of publicity that accompanied the release of the first iPhone worms this month has sparked interest in selling anti-malware products for the device. However no such security products currently exist and Apple shows little inclination in licensing any that do get developed. ... 5 Dec 2009 18:27