First  |  Prev |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51
Device Access
Have just installed a bright shiny new 11.2, KDE4/Dolphin. I am stumped regarding access to drives. When I insert a disk into the optical drive, I get notification that the disk has been loaded and immediately KB3 is started. Can't find a way to access the data disk itself through a file manager. Doesn't seem... 22 Jan 2010 02:54
strange problem with wireless N on dlink dir-615 / toshiba laptop
Should encription like wep / wpa etc be any different if your laptop is connected in Wireless N mode v's G or B etc. Here's whats bugging me at the moment. I have a new toshiba laptop with wireless N capabilities and a dlink DIR-615 router. The DIR-615 has a setting which can force "wireless N only" mode which i t... 24 Jan 2010 11:17
range choices - B vs G vs N vs mixed
A neighbor asked for some help in setting up their network and getting some upstairs computers networked to the WAP/Router located in the den.... a Dlink-615 - Everything was already setup by their son, and should have worked ok - except for the den computer which still had the PPPoE client prior to purchasing... 23 Jan 2010 21:01
Cheap handheld Web via WiFi device?
I'm looking for a relatively cheap handheld device with a Web browser that can access the internet through WiFi. Being able to log on to public hotspots and access WEP and WPA protected routers is essential. I use T-Mobile pre-paid cell service, but don't want to pay the freight for a contract which includes Web... 15 Feb 2010 17:44
Help with email problem FIXED
"amdx" <amdx(a)knology.net> wrote in message news:47f62$4b5257d4$18ec6dd7$821(a)KNOLOGY.NET... Hi Guys, I have my mothers computer, I put in a new harddrive and made it work for her. I have a problem with the email. I'm using Outlook Express 6.00 If you check the mail it works great, but if you have an ... 17 Jan 2010 12:46
Help with email problem
Hi Guys, I have my mothers computer, I put in a new harddrive and made it work for her. I have a problem with the email. I'm using Outlook Express 6.00 If you check the mail it works great, but if you have an outgoing email it takes 30 to 60 seconds connecting. Finally it does receive incoming mail but doesn't ... 17 Jan 2010 12:46
Router Wireless tut for the species guy
>http://compnetworking.about.com/od/homenetworking/ht/routerconfigure.htm ... 15 Jan 2010 13:48
Introducing Poken Take your Social Network Offline
Downloading only a particular page/selective pages of a documentfrom the internet or other file server - Free Tool
Dusko Savatovic wrote: Hi Karthik Balaguru, Your question is not related to server, networking and many other newsgroups. However, the short answer to your question is no. For a slightly longer answer as to /why/ the answer is no, you have to look at the file formats. It is not necess... 14 Jan 2010 03:35
home WiFi : USB vs PCI vs powerline
A neighbor has a desktop computer in their den/office with a DSL line from AT&T or Earthlink... I think they even still run a PPPoE client on the desktop vs a router or modem. Anyway, I think they want to let the other computers in the house which I recall were desktops join the Internet connection. They have ... 14 Jan 2010 19:09