First  |  Prev |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48
Draft paper submission deadline is extended: CCN-10, Orlando, USA
It would be highly appreciated if you could share this announcement with your colleagues, students and individuals whose research is in computer networking, protocols, and computer security and related areas. Draft paper submission deadline is extended: CCN-10, Orlando, USA The 2010 International Conference o... 14 Feb 2010 14:00
Speed problem with wifi connection
Hello. I would be happy if you can help me with something. My wifi connection goes much faster in linux than in windows, and I don't know why. I tried several things but I haven't been able to find out the problem. The online speedtests in linux mark 10Mbps, while in Windows only 3Mbps. My adapter is a rtl818... 14 Feb 2010 17:22
Draft paper submission deadline is extended: CCN-10, Orlando, USA
It would be highly appreciated if you could share this announcement with your colleagues, students and individuals whose research is in computer networking, protocols, and computer security and related areas. Draft paper submission deadline is extended: CCN-10, Orlando, USA The 2010 International Conference on... 12 Feb 2010 22:25
Netgear - XE103 vs XET1001 - what's different
I've been using the Netgear XE102 14 Mbps powerline modules for awhile, and they work fine around the house. I noticed there appears to be TWO different Netgear listings for the 85 Mbps powerline modules... http://www.netgear.com/Products/PowerlineNetworking/PowerlineEthernetAdapters/XE103.aspx and http://www... 13 Feb 2010 09:16
WiFi Stumbler
Meraki have produced a browser based sniffer <http://meraki.com/tools/stumbler/> Frequently Asked Questions Q: What is the WiFi Stumbler? A: The WiFi Stumbler is a browser-based wireless scanner tool that detects 802.11 wireless networks and displays useful information about the networks in an easil... 15 Feb 2010 08:40
FBI wants records kept of Web sites visited
It seems like about ten years since the FBI's "Carnivore" internet surveilance system became public knowledge. Around 2003 one article claimed that Carnivore had been replaced with something new and better. The tracking of webpage visits sounds like old news. ... 11 Feb 2010 13:54
Broadcom Adds Bluetooth 3.0, Wi-Fi Direct to Android
"John Navas" <spamfilter1(a)navasgroup.com> wrote in message news:1rb4n5ptcss63svnjqu6s57l0v5dr2j5ga(a)4ax.com... Broadcom increased its bet on the Android mobile operating system on Tuesday, announcing additional capabilities for its software stack and a new chip for navigation in Android-based devices. ... 10 Feb 2010 21:19
NEWS: Smartphone market share gainers and losers
<http://itmanagement.earthweb.com/features/article.php/3864096/Best-Smartphone-iPhone-Android> Apple and Google may be on a seeming collision course, but when it comes to the mobile market they are the two big winners. The losers? Most everyone else. comScore found that over a three-month period from September ... 10 Feb 2010 14:30
NEWS: Sprint 4Q Loss Narrows,Pre-Paid Growth Falls Short
Sprint Nextel Corp. posted a narrower fourth-quarter loss but faced increasing competition for wireless customers who pay in advance for service, as competitors cut their prices during the holidays. The Overland Park, Kan., wireless carrier, however, showed some progress in reducing the number of its more lucrati... 10 Feb 2010 14:30
NEWS: FBI wants records kept of Web sites visited
The FBI is pressing Internet service providers to record which Web sites customers visit and retain those logs for two years, a requirement that law enforcement believes could help it in investigations of child pornography and other serious crimes. FBI Director Robert Mueller supports storing Internet users' "ori... 14 Feb 2010 20:44