From: Neil Harrington on

"bugbear" <bugbear(a)trim_papermule.co.uk_trim> wrote in message
> Neil Harrington wrote:
>> "Bowser" <its(a)bowzah.ukme> wrote in message
>>> Panasonic FZ35. Very nice combination of small size and weight and
>>> performance.
>>
>> It is indeed. I have one and I think it's the best of the compact
>> superzoom cameras. Still has sort of a big glass "eye" up front but it
>> should be less intimidating to subjects than an SLR because of its small
>> size.
>
> The OP wants to shoot landscapes. IME they're not easily intimidated,
> even by quite large cameras :-)

Landscapes aren't, but this was the OP's original comment:

"I primarily like to shoot candid and informal portraits and then I do
a lot of hiking and fishing. I'm looking for a camera that isn't as
heavy or as big as a DSLR ."

And later:

"My problem with my D70 is that when trying to take candids in the
context of barbecues, parties and family life, is that the camera
intimidates people and gets in the way of what I want to capture?"

My impression is that landscapes aren't very high on her list. :-)

First  |  Prev  |
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Prev: DSLRs and P&S both dying off?
Next: sony sensors