From: ---Fitz--- on
Gosh Heather...he once stated that he was the owner of nasa.gov. Was it
possible that wasn't true? I'd be sooo disappointed. :-)

From: jaydeflix on
On Oct 13, 2:12 pm, "pcbutts1" <pcbut...(a)leythosthestalker.com> wrote:

> >>http://www.blogger.com/profile/16857468123137696406
> >
> > In your first link, you claim to be a Microsoft MVP, yet I cannot find you
> > (by any of the pseudonyms attributed to you) in the MVP profiles. Why is
> > that?
>
> You can't find it becausePcbutts1is not my real name. I use my real name
> in the MS groups complete with my MVP sig.

Yeah. You're an MVP. And I never wear a kilt.

Pull the other one, it's got bells on.

From: Rhonda Lea Kirk on
Leythos wrote:
> In article <fercbj$bqa$1(a)blackhelicopter.databasix.com>, pcbutts1
> @leythosthestalker.com says...
>> You can't find it because Pcbutts1 is not my real name. I use my
>> real name in the MS groups complete with my MVP sig.
>
> And yet all of your posts as PCBUTTS1 were banned because of your
> unethical actions.

IIRC, he was banned because he refused to comply with the Microsoft TOS,
not because of "unethical actions." The only server from which his posts
are filtered are the Microsoft server. If he posts using a different
NNTP provider (as I do), those posts will be available on all usenet
servers but the Microsoft server.

Microsoft has a dubious history when it comes to banning and censorship,
so if I were you, I would not use butts' banning from its server as a
data point in support of the case against him.

I reported the Sharon Franks ID the first time I saw it (June 2006, when
he posted one of his infamous links), but nothing was done then and
nothing has been done since.

--
Rhonda Lea Kirk

AUK Galactic Killfile, 15 May 2007
http://groups.google.com/group/alt.usenet.kooks/msg/23766545e259d53c
Winner, Golden Killfile, April 2007
Co-Office Holder, Ministry of Circle Jerks, April and May 2007
Member, Human O-Ring Society, March 2003
NCB#16 BJDS#2 INAC#77 PSLCK#1 SBG#1 A-29204

Some are tempted to think of life in cyberspace as insignificant,
as escape or meaningless diversion. It is not. Our experiences there
are serious play. We belittle them at our risk. Sherry Turkle

From: jaydeflix on
On Oct 14, 5:30 am, "Rhonda Lea Kirk" <rhonda...(a)gmail.com> wrote:
> Leythos wrote:
> > In article <fercbj$bq...(a)blackhelicopter.databasix.com>,pcbutts1
> > @leythosthestalker.com says...
> >> You can't find it becausePcbutts1is not my real name. I use my
> >> real name in the MS groups complete with my MVP sig.
>
> > And yet all of your posts asPCBUTTS1were banned because of your
> > unethical actions.
>
> IIRC, he was banned because he refused to comply with the Microsoft TOS,
> not because of "unethical actions." The only server from which his posts
> are filtered are the Microsoft server. If he posts using a different
> NNTP provider (as I do), those posts will be available on all usenet
> servers but the Microsoft server.

You are correct. I never cared about his ethics. I had complaints
about the content of his posts, I investigated the situation, I
explained them to him, he refused to follow the rules, and I blocked
him *solely* from Microsoft's servers. I wanted to make sure that
when we canceled a message, we did not ship that cancel message off to
USENET as a whole. We (well, Microsoft.. I'm putting my MS hat back
on) don't own USENET. We own our servers, and we had full right to
remove what we wanted from our own servers. I'm not doing it anymore,
my Newsgroup Admin role ended back in 2005 and I am not currently
employed by Microsoft.

> Microsoft has a dubious history when it comes to banning and censorship,
> so if I were you, I would not use butts' banning from its server as a
> data point in support of the case against him.

You are more than welcome to question me with regards to anything
regarding the newsgroup servers between, roughly, 2003 and 2005. That
was my job and I took pride in ensuring that *only* ToS violators and
true USENET spammers were banned.

> I reported the Sharon Franks ID the first time I saw it (June 2006, when
> he posted one of his infamous links), but nothing was done then and
> nothing has been done since.

That was after my time, so I can't speak about that.

You can feel free to believe I'm not really the John Eddy who was in
charge of the servers.
You can feel free to believe what PCButts1 has said about his
interactions with me, none of which have been true.

And, since it is now stuck in my head, let me get it stuck in yours
too....
You can dance if you want to.
You can leave your friends behind....

-jd

From: pcbutts1 on
C'mon now tell the truth. I had a few posts cancelled strictly because I
encouraged the posting of HJT logs. The was not and there still are no rules
against posting of logs in any MS group. I never violated anything. You and
JE were gung ho and biased in your removal of my posts and it cost him his
position as admin and probably your job I don't know, I don't know you.
Removing posts is way different from being banned. You didn't even bother to
check the headers. Get your facts straight. That case went way beyond you
and JE. If you want to blame somebody for that then blame the big headed
MVP's who thought they owned the MS newsgroups. That's why they don't like
me because they could not stop me.

First  |  Prev  |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14
Prev: free hosting