From: sobriquet on
On 19 jun, 19:44, Pete <available.on.requ...(a)aserver.invalid> wrote:
> On 2010-06-19 17:18:53 +0100, tony cooper said:
>

> > On Sat, 19 Jun 2010 08:28:30 -0700, Savageduck
> > <savageduck1@{REMOVESPAM}me.com> wrote:

> >> Nick Sprakel remains a cyber-thief, no matter how much he protests.
> >> ...and he cannot find his way out of that basement.
> >> <http://picasaweb.google.com/THCganja/Various#5244910721929976050>
> >> <http://picasaweb.google.com/dohduhdah/Experimenteel#5282010159386521810>
>
> >> I await the nazi name calling so we can invoke Godwin.
>
> > You're pissing into the wind.  Sobriquet is devoid of morals and
> > ethics.  Like a sociopath, he has no sense of right or wrong.
>
> I agree, especially after reading so many of Sobriquet's posts.
> However, Sobriquet has made me realize that posting any of my images
> for critique automatically invalidates them from having any personal or
> commercial value because he can claim ownership of them at any time. I
> haven't the money, energy, or desire to prove him wrong. Others do have
> those resources so time will tell.
>
> --
> Pete

All information belongs to the public domain. Otherwise there would be
no freedom for you to publish anything in the first place and
corporations could simply claim ownership of anything you publish as
they have the financial means to exploit the legal system to their
advantage.

Well, corporations can screw you over anyway, because the pseudo-
democratic government is merely shady extension of corporations,
rather than a neutral organization that is supposed to guarantee human
rights.

So if your human rights are conflicting with corporate interests, you
can't expect the government to help you protect your human rights.
From: Intentionally Left Blank on

"sobriquet" <dohduhdah(a)yahoo.com> wrote in message

>> So call the cops, TROLL!
>
> The CIA and FBI have been notified and they are probably investigating
> your internet connection right now.
>
> Soon you'll be in jail for violating intellectual property rights and
> there is no internet in jail for sure.

Neither has any jurisdiction, it's not in the CIA's mandate. And as you live
in the Nederland's the FBI has no jurisdiction, especially to posters
outside the USA. So call Interpol, oh wait they are just bureaucrats with
zero powers.

From: Pete on
On 2010-06-19 18:59:07 +0100, sobriquet said:

> On 19 jun, 19:40, "Tim Conway" <tconway_...(a)comcast.net> wrote:
>> "sobriquet" <dohduh...(a)yahoo.com> wrote in message

>>> You think you can just ignore and violate the terms and conditions of
>>> my postings, but you're sadly mistaken.
>>
>>> My rights are protected by international agreements and you face
>>> serious legal consequences when you continue to violate my
>>> intellectual property rights.
>>
>> and, btw, by your own philosophy I can reply to your bitstring if I want.
>> It's mine to do with what I want, right?
>
> You're free to share my postings with other collectors, but if you
> read and/or
> respond to my postings, that means you agree with the terms and
> conditions specified at the start of this thread.

If you bothered to learn the real (meaning practical and enforceable)
terms and conditions of posting via Usenet, e-mail, text messaging,
etc. you would've written only the first part of that reply.

This is not "having a go at you for the sake of it/to make me feel
better". A very unfortunate blunder was committed recently by a worker
in a huge organisation that is currently under public scrutiny. The
local media was not interested in dealing with it because of the time
required to research into the legal ramifications. That does not mean
the action, backed up by the attached terms and conditions, was
acceptable. It remains acceptable until further action is taken.

--
Pete

From: sobriquet on
On 19 jun, 20:25, "Intentionally Left Blank" <anonym...(a)not-for-
mail.invalid> wrote:
> "sobriquet" <dohduh...(a)yahoo.com> wrote in message

> >> So call the cops, TROLL!
>
> > The CIA and FBI have been notified and they are probably investigating
> > your internet connection right now.
>
> > Soon you'll be in jail for violating intellectual property rights and
> > there is no internet in jail for sure.
>
> Neither has any jurisdiction, it's not in the CIA's mandate. And as you live
> in the Nederland's the FBI has no jurisdiction, especially to posters
> outside the USA.  So call Interpol, oh wait they are just bureaucrats with
> zero powers.

Oh well.. people violate intellectual property laws on a massive scale
anyway, so
I don't expect much support from the legal system.
Only major corporations stand a fair chance to exploit the legal
system to their advantage successfully, but for individuals like me
it's rather futile to specify terms and conditions regarding my
intellectual property, as people can violate them as they see fit
without any significant risk of legal repercussions.
From: sobriquet on
On 19 jun, 20:37, Pete <available.on.requ...(a)aserver.invalid> wrote:
> On 2010-06-19 18:59:07 +0100, sobriquet said:
>

> > On 19 jun, 19:40, "Tim Conway" <tconway_...(a)comcast.net> wrote:
> >> "sobriquet" <dohduh...(a)yahoo.com> wrote in message

> >> and, btw, by your own philosophy I can reply to your bitstring if I want.
> >> It's mine to do with what I want, right?
>
> > You're free to share my postings with other collectors, but if you
> > read and/or
> > respond to my postings, that means you agree with the terms and
> > conditions specified at the start of this thread.
>
> If you bothered to learn the real (meaning practical and enforceable)
> terms and conditions of posting via Usenet, e-mail, text messaging,
> etc. you would've written only the first part of that reply.
>
> This is not "having a go at you for the sake of it/to make me feel
> better". A very unfortunate blunder was committed recently by a worker
> in a huge organisation that is currently under public scrutiny. The
> local media was not interested in dealing with it because of the time
> required to research into the legal ramifications. That does not mean
> the action, backed up by the attached terms and conditions, was
> acceptable. It remains acceptable until further action is taken.
>
> --
> Pete

In practice there is no intellectual property and people can share
information freely as if all information belongs to the public domain.
Hopefully in the future we will have a government that strives to
protect human rights instead of violating them, so we can expect human
rights, like the freedom to share information, to be guaranteed
universally, even where they conflict with corporate interests.