From: sobriquet on
On 20 jun, 03:50, "Tim Conway" <tconway_...(a)comcast.net> wrote:
> "sobriquet" <dohduh...(a)yahoo.com> wrote in message

> > On 20 jun, 03:37, George Kerby <ghost_top...(a)hotmail.com> wrote:
> >> On 6/19/10 6:56 PM, in article
> >> 2010061916560844303-savageduck1(a)REMOVESPAMmecom, "Savageduck"

> >> Not to mention the "cockroach" theme factor that he continually throws
> >> about.
>
> > First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you,
> > then you win.
> > Mohandas Gandhi
>
> and then again, you might just incur the wrath of every sane person around
> you.

Sanity is not something that is determined by popular majority and
neither is justice.
From: sobriquet on

On 20 jun, 03:49, krishnananda <kris...(a)divine-life.in.invalid> wrote:
> In article
> <dd43de38-2203-479f-8344-e7ebdbcad...(a)j8g2000yqd.googlegroups.com>,
>

>  sobriquet <dohduh...(a)gmail.com> wrote:
> > >And then against common sense I wrote:
>
> > > You have obviously never read the fine print at the UN's Universal
> > > Declaration of Human Rights web site.
>
> > > For example, you are not permitted to:
>
> > > (c) Upload or attach files that contain software or other material
> > > protected by intellectual property laws (or by rights of privacy and
> > > publicity) unless the User owns or controls the rights thereto or has
> > > received all consents therefor as may be required by law;
>
> > >http://www.un.org/en/aboutun/terms/
>
> > Those terms and conditions are only applicable to the forum on the
> > website of the UN and not to usenet.
>
> In _your_ opinion, Boyo. Are you in fact an attorney? Of course not,
> there seems to be no such thing as Dutch law...

It clearly says so on the UN website.

> What you missed, Dutch Boy, which is glaringly obvious to everyone else
> in the world, is that the United Nations recognizes the existence of
> intellectual property, and recognizes that law enforcement organizations
> have the duty to enforce all copyright and I.P. laws internationally.

We're not disagreeing about the existence of intellectual property,
just what the implications are. If you create information, you can
keep it to yourself as intellectual property, but as soon as you put
it on the internet, you thereby release it into the public domain.

> That leaves exactly no one who agrees with you.
>
> No matter what you say when you stamp your little foot. No one cares
> what your opinion^h^h^h^h^h^h^h fantasy world is.
>
> By the way, when exactly did _I_ become a signatory to the UDHR --  and
> more importantly when did _I_ agree that it addresses copyright and
> intellectual property? Never. Because it doesn't, Chumley.

The UDHR clearly grants people the freedom to share information and
only a nazi cockroach like you would disagree and reject the idea of
human rights.

> If you knew anything about the human rights world you'd know that little
> things like genocide take precedence over your little desires to steal
> documentaries on file sharing sites (yes, let's all remember the _real_
> reason you post this shite).
>
> Steal -- I suppose Amsterdam is full of book and music and video stores
> that let you waltz out in your wooden shoes without paying for your
> purchases?

I wouldn't know as I never buy information in stores. I simply
download it for free online.

> I suppose Amazon.nl has no checkout system -- they just send you your
> books, videos, CDs, etc. free of charge?
>
> Is there _anything_ you are willing to pay for or are you entitled to
> everything for free?

Information is free, because it can be duplicated indefinitely free
from additional costs. Prices of things are determined by laws of
supply and demand and in case of digital information, the supply is
infinite and any fixed quantity divided by an unbounded quantity
approaches zero.
You need to brush up your math skills and figure out the limit of 1/x
as x goes to infinity.

> Big talk from a Dutchman who is *Subject* to the Monarch. Greetings from
> a free citizen of a free country.
>
> And before you reply, you AGREE TO THESE TERMS -- failure to do so will
> result in a penalty of US$10,000.00 and imprisonment of not less than
> ten years:
>
> 1. Holland sucks. Especially at soccer. And you agree not to call it
> "Football"

Holland sucks. Soccer sucks even more.
Holland might suck, but it's not as bad as more fascistic countries
like Iran, China or the fascist police states of America.

> 2. People using the Usenet alias "sobriquet" are NOT permitted to quote
> any of this message for any reason ever.

See.. you ignore my intellectual property claims and I ignore yours.

> 3. People who live under the thumb of an antiquated monarchy are in no
> position to lecture those of us in the Free World on ANYTHING!

True. Monarchism sucks and should be abolished.

> 4. If you respond YOU AGREE NOT to include any verbiage which might be
> misconstrued as a "disclaimer" or a "EULA" in your reply.
>
> And have a wonderful day.

You already agreed with my terms and conditions and that means you're
not allowed to come up with terms and conditions later on that are
conflicting with my terms and conditions that you initially agreed to.
From: Cal Rollins on
On Sat, 19 Jun 2010 21:49:12 -0400, krishnananda
<krishna(a)divine-life.in.invalid> wrote:

>No matter what you say when you stamp your little foot. No one cares
>what your opinion^h^h^h^h^h^h^h fantasy world is.

Others will say the same about you and all those that agree with you. Are
you that intellectually challenged that you can't figure this out?

From: Tim Conway on

"sobriquet" <dohduhdah(a)yahoo.com> wrote in message
> On 20 jun, 03:50, "Tim Conway" <tconway_...(a)comcast.net> wrote:
>> "sobriquet" <dohduh...(a)yahoo.com> wrote in message

>> > First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you,
>> > then you win.
>> > Mohandas Gandhi
>>
>> and then again, you might just incur the wrath of every sane person
>> around
>> you.
>
> Sanity is not something that is determined by popular majority and
> neither is justice.

But then again, if you take what is mine, I will sue you. And then again,
I'm not necessarily sane. BTW, I am registered as a mentally problematic
child?

From: sobriquet on
On 20 jun, 04:50, "Tim Conway" <tconway_...(a)comcast.net> wrote:
> "sobriquet" <dohduh...(a)yahoo.com> wrote in message

> > On 20 jun, 03:50, "Tim Conway" <tconway_...(a)comcast.net> wrote:
> >> "sobriquet" <dohduh...(a)yahoo.com> wrote in message

> >> and then again, you might just incur the wrath of every sane person
> >> around
> >> you.
>
> > Sanity is not something that is determined by popular majority and
> > neither is justice.
>
> But then again, if you take what is mine, I will sue you.  And then again,
> I'm not necessarily sane.  BTW, I am registered as a mentally problematic
> child?

If you can provide an example of something on the internet that is
your intellectual property, I will show you that there is nothing you
can do to prevent me from duplicating and sharing that item with other
bitstring collectors.

If you can't show anything that belongs to you, then your intellectual
property pipe dream is obviously just a case of wishful thinking that
has little bearing on reality.