From: Eduardo on
Eduardo escribi�:
> Dee Earley escribi�:
>
>> Personally, I use the VB5 controls (despite never using VB5) as I want
>> to use the Windows themeing support.
>> The v6 controls don't support theming.
>
> Umm, yes. I see that the theme support is gone.
> So... back to v5.

What file version do you suggest to distribute for COMCT232.OCX?
I don't find it in the service pack and it's taking the one from Windows
Vista's system32 folder...
From: Ralph on

"Eduardo" <mm(a)mm.com> wrote in message news:hf8rgf$qfa$1(a)aioe.org...
> Eduardo escribi�:
> > Dee Earley escribi�:
> >
> >> Personally, I use the VB5 controls (despite never using VB5) as I want
> >> to use the Windows themeing support.
> >> The v6 controls don't support theming.
> >
> > Umm, yes. I see that the theme support is gone.
> > So... back to v5.
>
> What file version do you suggest to distribute for COMCT232.OCX?
> I don't find it in the service pack and it's taking the one from Windows
> Vista's system32 folder...

As it is not normally distributed, you should include the version you
compiled against with your setup/install. If there is already a newer
version on the target it should not be replaced.

-ralph

From: Eduardo on
Ralph escribi�:

> As it is not normally distributed, you should include the version you
> compiled against with your setup/install. If there is already a newer
> version on the target it should not be replaced.
>
> -ralph

OK.

From: David Kaye on
Eduardo <mm(a)mm.com> wrote:

>Umm, yes. I see that the theme support is gone.
>So... back to v5.

What exactly is theming support? I've never heard the term before.

From: Karl E. Peterson on
Dee Earley was thinking very hard :
> Personally, I use the VB5 controls (despite never using VB5) as I want to use
> the Windows themeing support.
> The v6 controls don't support theming.

Raises an interesting question. Say you want to use VB6, and are
pretty much done with VB5. No need to install it on a given system.
Anyone know what the most expedient way to get the v5 common controls
loaded, without tanking up the whole product?

Thanks... Karl

--
[.NET: It's About Trust!]