From: Fred on
Have you tried the posted code?
I wonder if that problem is related somehow to my computer only.
There is also a second problem.
Not only the frames caption are truncated but also 2 caption originally not
bold became bold in new look.
Fred

From: Dee Earley on
On 07/12/2009 19:05, Fred wrote:
> I have just created simple project with one form and copied one of the
> frames to it.
> The problem is still there.
> You can see it for yourself:
> http://www.phonedialerpro.com/test.zip

Ahh, this appears to be another problem with VB frame controls and the
theming support

A number of controls (buttons, option buttons, and now the frame
captions) do not draw properly when the control is the child of a frame
control.

Personally, I use a picturebox inside EVERY frame (I only have a few)
and then put the child controls inside that which will fix both these
problems.

They will be nested like:
Frame
PictureBox
Frame
picturebox
label
optionbutton
optionbutton
commandbutton

Rather than:
Frame
Frame
label
optionbutton
optionbutton
commandbutton

--
Dee Earley (dee.earley(a)icode.co.uk)
i-Catcher Development Team

iCode Systems
From: David Kaye on
Dee Earley <dee.earley(a)icode.co.uk> wrote:

>It depends how commercial your applications are.
>It's very easy to look extremely dated for the sake of adding a manifest
>and a few code changes.

I live in a world where radio station automation runs on Windows 2000 and the
interface looks like Windows 3.1. The company, RCS, makes a bundle on the
extremely outdated looking software. They're the largest company doing radio
automation. Here's their URL: http://www.rcsworks.com/en/

I think the big bucks are in software the is clear and concise, doesn't
confuse the user, and is stable. I'm not sure that bells and whistles matter
that much in the long term.

From: David Kaye on
"Fred" <fred(a)nospamhotmail.com> wrote:
>Here are the screenshots:
>without manifest:
>http://www.phonedialerpro.com/Clip1.jpg
>and with the manifest:
>http://www.phonedialerpro.com/Clip2.jpg

It's funny, but I like the pre-manifest better. Sure, the rounded command
buttons are cute, but overall, I tend to prefer the sharper edges of the old
style to the newer, rounder look.

From: Dee Earley on
On 09/12/2009 00:29, David Kaye wrote:
> "Fred"<fred(a)nospamhotmail.com> wrote:
>> Here are the screenshots:
>> without manifest:
>> http://www.phonedialerpro.com/Clip1.jpg
>> and with the manifest:
>> http://www.phonedialerpro.com/Clip2.jpg
>
> It's funny, but I like the pre-manifest better. Sure, the rounded command
> buttons are cute, but overall, I tend to prefer the sharper edges of the old
> style to the newer, rounder look.

Then feel free to configure your machine to look like that :)
The visual styles mean the applications actually adhere to the users
preferences rather than using the "classic" style.