From: Ralph on

"MikeD" <nobody(a)nowhere.edu> wrote in message

> "Ralph" <nt_consulting64(a)yahoo.com> wrote in message
>

> >> What file version do you suggest to distribute for COMCT232.OCX?
> >> I don't find it in the service pack and it's taking the one from
Windows
> >> Vista's system32 folder...
> >
> > As it is not normally distributed, you should include the version you
> > compiled against with your setup/install. If there is already a newer
> > version on the target it should not be replaced.
> >

> What do you mean not normally distributed? Was that a typo?

Not shipped with Windows or any current MS products.

Poor choice of words.

From: Eduardo on
David Kaye escribi�:
> Eduardo <mm(a)mm.com> wrote:
>
>> Umm, yes. I see that the theme support is gone.
>> So... back to v5.
>
> What exactly is theming support? I've never heard the term before.

It's to display the controls using Windows Visual Styles.
First introduced in XP, you can see the XP style buttons for example,
that have a rounded shape and mouseover effect, etc.

In the case of Windows Common Controls (1 and 2), you can see the
toolbars, UpDown's controls, etc. with visual styles, but just using v5.

From: David Kaye on
Eduardo <mm(a)mm.com> wrote:

>It's to display the controls using Windows Visual Styles.
>First introduced in XP, you can see the XP style buttons for example,
>that have a rounded shape and mouseover effect, etc.

I'll be damned. Thank you.

>In the case of Windows Common Controls (1 and 2), you can see the
>toolbars, UpDown's controls, etc. with visual styles, but just using v5.

Hmmm...I think I'll put VB5 on a machine and see what up with that.

From: Dee Earley on
On 04/12/2009 08:54, David Kaye wrote:
> Eduardo<mm(a)mm.com> wrote:
>
>> It's to display the controls using Windows Visual Styles.
>> First introduced in XP, you can see the XP style buttons for example,
>> that have a rounded shape and mouseover effect, etc.
>
> I'll be damned. Thank you.
>
>> In the case of Windows Common Controls (1 and 2), you can see the
>> toolbars, UpDown's controls, etc. with visual styles, but just using v5.
>
> Hmmm...I think I'll put VB5 on a machine and see what up with that.

It's nothing to do with VB5 itself.
The V5 controls were distributed with VB6 as well.

--
Dee Earley (dee.earley(a)icode.co.uk)
i-Catcher Development Team

iCode Systems
From: Nobody on
"David Kaye" <sfdavidkaye2(a)yahoo.com> wrote in message
> Eduardo <mm(a)mm.com> wrote:
>
>>Umm, yes. I see that the theme support is gone.
>>So... back to v5.
>
> What exactly is theming support? I've never heard the term before.

This link shows pictures of the classic and XP styles:

http://www.restuner.com/tour-manifest.htm