From: Eduardo on
David Kaye escribi�:
> Dee Earley <dee.earley(a)icode.co.uk> wrote:
>
>> It's nothing to do with VB5 itself.
>> The V5 controls were distributed with VB6 as well.
>
> Oh, okay. I played with them a little (I noticed that I had both 5 and 6 as
> well), and except for a little functionality difference

??

> I didn't see anything
> I'd consider an interface difference. What am I missing here?

You'll see the difference if you apply the Visual Styles.
From: Dee Earley on
On 05/12/2009 11:12, David Kaye wrote:
> "Nobody"<nobody(a)nobody.com> wrote:
>
>> This link shows pictures of the classic and XP styles:
>> http://www.restuner.com/tour-manifest.htm
>
> Thanks to you and to everyone else who have pointed me in various directions.
> I hadn't realized that the new look was even possible in VB. I'll start
> experimenting. Overall it seems to be more trouble than it's worth, but what
> the heck.

It depends how commercial your applications are.
It's very easy to look extremely dated for the sake of adding a manifest
and a few code changes.

--
Dee Earley (dee.earley(a)icode.co.uk)
i-Catcher Development Team

iCode Systems
From: Fred on
After following this thread I tried it and I am satisfied with the results.
However I have some problems with the frames captions which are bold and
underlined.
Those captions are not displayed completely, the endings are missing but the
cut captions length is not equal so the problem is not the length of the
caption but something else.
How to correct that?

Also, what do you mean by "a few code changes" ?
I added just the manifest.
Thanks,
Fred

From: Dee Earley on
On 07/12/2009 15:43, Fred wrote:
> After following this thread I tried it and I am satisfied with the results.
> However I have some problems with the frames captions which are bold and
> underlined.
> Those captions are not displayed completely, the endings are missing but the
> cut captions length is not equal so the problem is not the length of the
> caption but something else.

Not seen that. maybe a screenshot will help.

> Also, what do you mean by "a few code changes" ?
> I added just the manifest.

InitCommonControls() and a few other things for tab dialog boxes.
http://hashvb.earlsoft.co.uk/Visual_themes
http://hashvb.earlsoft.co.uk/Tabbed_dialogs#XP_style_tabs

From: Fred on
Here are the screenshots:
without manifest:
http://www.phonedialerpro.com/Clip1.jpg
and with the manifest:
http://www.phonedialerpro.com/Clip2.jpg

I tried InitCommonControls() but it does not make any difference for me.