From: Ginny Caughey on
I did read your reply, and I think most people using Vulcan don't care about
all the PInvokes under the covers. The Vulcan runtime has them as well. (And
so does the .NET runtime, at least for now.) I'm pretty sure Brian and team
considered the scenarios that most people want very carefully before
committing to all the work they've done. Face it, you and I are outliers.
;-)

--

Ginny Caughey
www.wasteworks.com

From: Willie Moore on
Ginny,

I guess that I would be considered a bit of an outlier too as I am using
none vo compatible classes. I make very few uses of the runtime. but I do
use the compiler as I like the syntax.

Every language will have it's holdouts. If you go through the dotNet
framework 4, you will still find the Microsoft.VisualBasic.Compatibility
assembly. They have a couple just for the vb6 folks who wont embrace the new
framework classes.

Regards,
Willie

__________ Information from ESET NOD32 Antivirus, version of virus signature database 5361 (20100812) __________

http://www.eset.com

From: Ginny Caughey on
Hi Willie,

Yes you are an outlier too. Welcome. ;-) But you and Erik and I all know
that computer languages are just tools to use - not religions. We pick and
choose what we need for the task at hand.

--

Ginny Caughey
www.wasteworks.com

From: Paul Piko on
Ginny,

> Sounds good. Does it do WPF as well?

Yes, Facelift can output a WPF solution too.

I have just sent you the WPF solution built from your window.

Regards,
Paul
http://www.vulcanmindmeld.net

From: E®!k /!$$E® on
Ginny,

Outliers? <g>
If you criticize Grafx or Vulcan you are more treated as outcast....

One of the ideas behind .NET was to create a platform independed framework.
In short: the app is the same and every OS has or should has its own
runtime. Of course that runtime pInvokes on the platform API of the OS.
At least this is/was the idea.
Where the Vulcan compiler might be able to compile a exe that runs on
different platforms, Vulcan is more than just the compiler. Vulcan with its
own runtime and classlibs full of pInvokes does not comply to the .NET
architecture and now we know it will never.

Erik

> I did read your reply, and I think most people using Vulcan don't care
> about all the PInvokes under the covers. The Vulcan runtime has them as
> well. (And so does the .NET runtime, at least for now.) I'm pretty sure
> Brian and team considered the scenarios that most people want very
> carefully before committing to all the work they've done. Face it, you and
> I are outliers.

First  |  Prev  |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Prev: CAVORT20.DLL in VO2.8!!