From: Ginny Caughey on
Paul,

Sweet! I think that's the way to go - straight from VO forms to WPF. I'll be
sending in my order.

--

Ginny Caughey
www.wasteworks.com

From: Ginny Caughey on
Erik,

I honestly think platform independence becomes less and less important as
long as you can interact with other platforms using web services. There
might be other reasons why somebody would choose or not choose Vulcan. I
happen to like working in C#. Others feel the same way about VO/Vulcan. I
think it's ok to just leave it at that.

--

Ginny Caughey
www.wasteworks.com

From: E®!k /!$$E® on
Ginny,

With all respect to what you think, platform independence is a goal of .NET
and the recent development shows it is obvious not a goal of the Vulcan
Development. Vulcan is and will stay a Win32 depended language.
Everybody can judge for herself/himself the level of importance of this.

Erik

From: Paul Piko on
Ginny,

> Sweet! I think that's the way to go - straight from VO forms to WPF. I'll
> be sending in my order.

Thanks, it's good to know you'll find it useful.

Paul
http://www.vulcanmindmeld.net

From: Willie Moore on
Erik,

Whether Vulcan is win32 dependant depends on how you program. If you use the
VO Compatible classes then yes. But you can say the same thing about VB.Net.
If you only use the Microsoft.VisualBasic.Compatibility classes/functions
then you are just as dependant. If you stick to the framework classes, then
you have portable code and it doesn't matter which compiler you use. It all
comes down to preferences at that point. My personal opinion is that once
you have your program transported to dotNet, then you should move as quickly
as possible to the dotNet framework classes. The fastest way to accomplish
that is to transport your main logic and then use something like facelift to
do the heavy lifting on the GUI. As I recall, there was a large number of
competing 3rd party products to do the same thing for vb6 folks. I believe
there are also products to do the same thing for Winforms to WPF. If you
notice, Microsoft is staying out of that area so the 3rd party will stay
interested in producing programmers tools. I like that!

Regards,
Willie

"E®!k \/!$$E®" <nospam(a)nospam.com> wrote in message
> Ginny,
>
> With all respect to what you think, platform independence is a goal of
> .NET and the recent development shows it is obvious not a goal of the
> Vulcan Development. Vulcan is and will stay a Win32 depended language.
> Everybody can judge for herself/himself the level of importance of this.
>
> Erik
>

> "Ginny Caughey" <ginny.caughey.online(a)wasteworks.com> schreef in bericht
>> Erik,
>>
>> I honestly think platform independence becomes less and less important as
>> long as you can interact with other platforms using web services. There
>> might be other reasons why somebody would choose or not choose Vulcan. I
>> happen to like working in C#. Others feel the same way about VO/Vulcan. I
>> think it's ok to just leave it at that.
>>
>> --
>>
>> Ginny Caughey
>> www.wasteworks.com