First  |  Prev |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23
Reversing bit order in delphi ? (unmoderated)
Woops, sorry, I did not know comp.lang.asm.x86 is a moderated newsgroup, as I don't like moderated newsgroups I post it again and exclude comp.lang.asm.x86: Reversing bit order in delphi ? Hello, I think intel uses most significant bit first ? However there are some computers which use least significant b... 29 Aug 2006 16:04
Apple II Debugger
johnzulu[at]yahoo.com wrote: Where can I get the LISA program? Any clue. Sounds a good way to learn 68000 assembly. John Actually, it's a 6502 assembler for the Apple II. Although Apple Computer built a machine called the "Lisa", the LISA assembler (Lazer's Interactive Symbolic Assembler) predated th... 2 Aug 2006 10:21
Problem using HLA with RadASM
Hiall, I downloaded HLA executable and RadASM. All MASM projects work fine. But when I try to build an HLA project I get this error message 'error during process creation..nmake compilerc'. What should I fix here. Variables are already set in the advanced tab of computer settings on my winxp. thanks ... 6 Jun 2006 00:34
Multiple Statements per Line
Every now and then, someone around here starts making the claim that having multiple statements per line is good programming style (largely, this comes from the RosAsm camp where that seems to be the standard programming style, but other people have posted such code, too). Multiple statements per line have been p... 12 Apr 2006 15:44
"We Never Use Assembly Language"
Please ignore the mathematically model, not the solution for AND in all case senarios. john On Tue, 14 Mar 2006 23:11:25 +0800, john chung <johnzulu[at]yahoo.com> wrote: Hmmm....... Tim needs a mind shift there.... Assembly no more? Performance only exclusive on HLL? It seems that Tim has forgotten the ... 21 Mar 2006 16:50
"We Never Use Assembly Language"
Check out http://www.cs.princeton.edu/~dpw/popl/06/Tim-POPL.ppt This is a talk Tim Sweeny gave on programming languages at POPL (a very high-end programming languages conference) on language design goals that game programmers are interested it. Despite the obvious knock against using assembly language, it discus... 14 Mar 2006 11:50
Assembler/Compiler testing
Hi Guys, This one is really for assembler/compiler authors, as well as some of the other guys that are more evolved in testing. It's not really related to assembly, but more about the actual assemblers themselves. How do you guys do testing on your assemblers and/or libraries and applications? Do you use test ... 26 Mar 2006 19:26
watcom assembly language
Does someone know where to get a good handbook for that open watcom assembler "wasm.exe" like in ".pdf" format or so ? I've neither found anything in www, nor under their official openwatcom's internet site. thank you for any efforts, Florian. ... 28 Feb 2006 15:34
Bad habits
I'm not sure if this is as good a place as comp.lang.asm.x86, so I'll go ahead and post and see what happens. :-) I've recently started learning assembly language. After a brief flirtation with HLA, FASM, and RosASM (in that order), I find myself working with NASM and I'm enjoying myself thoroughly. However, bein... 12 Feb 2006 05:00
Two Click disassembly/reassembly
Rene has been making a big deal about how the RosAsm system can disassemble an executable file and then reassemble it with only two clicks. The implication is that the disassembler is completely automatic and produces syntactically correct code that assembles back into the original executable. The impression that... 16 Feb 2006 02:54