From: Amy Blankenship on

"deuxieme" <webforumsuser(a)macromedia.com> wrote in message
> Thanks for the suggestions! I created a folder in Documents and put the
> piece
> in it, together with the QT movie and the xtras folder, and a Published
> Files
> folder containing two folders, one Local and the other Web. I then
> configured
> the publisher to send the published files to these locations. The files
> appeared there, but I got the same error messages as before when I clicked
> Preview.

What happens if you put it on a server? IIRC, in IE7 there's a requirement
that you point to the files with an absolute path if it's delivered locally.
If you're using the default wrapper, it's not going to be doing that for
you. If the only place you're seeing the problem is when you test locally,
it's probably not worth your while to mess with the wrapper.

Someone on here may be able to provide you with the javascrpt to give an
absolute path.

From: troisieme on
Thanks for your suggestions Amy. I am using AW6.5 educational edition. I have
put these files on the web and they work fine on my T43p running XP. I am
curious as to how they play on vista machines generally. I am beginning to
suspect that my vista machine is really messed up. After all if my files work
on XP I must have done something right! I wonder if you would do me a favor -
or anybody reading this - and see if you can run the following:

http://www.rpi.edu/locker/53/001053/aminac.htm

From: Mike Baker **Adobe Community Expert** on
I have a virtual machine set up with Vista and IE7 for testing. I get a
dialog that says the movie is missing or has wrong length. I checked the
trace file and the length value is the "Size on disk" rather than the actual
size of the movie which you originally had in there (looking back in
it is) and try it again. I can try again from here also once the change is
made.

Mike
====================
Mike Baker
Adobe Community Expert
mike-baker at cox dot net

From: deuxieme on
Thanks Mike. I went back to the T43p and made the change to the aam file and
loaded it to the remote site with Filezilla. I verified the size using the
Filezilla display. This file (aminac) comes up instantly on my T43p under XP.
Different story on the T61 running Vista. After giving permission to the web
player to run the content, all I get is a "loading file" display. The
application does not show up at all. The prtrace.txt also does not appear and
so I cannot tell what is going on.

From: Mike Baker **Adobe Community Expert** on
Don't forget to clear your cache between tests. If you don't do that then
you'll get the same map file again and again.
I tried it again and now the movie and all the files are downloading
correctly. My Vista does not have quicktime installed. What version of
quicktime do you have?
Make sure you turn off protected mode in your tests. In protected mode IE7
will not launch an EXE from the browser which is what we need to do.

Mike
--
Mike Baker