From: troisieme on
I made an error in reporting that last experiment with my vista machine. The
piece loaded but not the movie, which I reported before. However, the movie did
download to the folder with the webplr07.exe file.

All the more problematical - why would the piece load but not the movie when
the movie is in the same folder as the player? The amin0000.aas file is in the
Temporary Internet Files folder, along with a copy of the aam file, the htm
file, and the aminac.mov file.

From: Amy Blankenship on

"troisieme" <webforumsuser(a)macromedia.com> wrote in message
> The reason I found it strange is that the PUT DOWNLOAD command works ok in
> XP
> but not Vista. But then the product is not written for Vista, and I can
> see it
> is questionable practice asking for trouble. So in agreement with your
> thought,
> I repeated the experiment with the PUT, command.
>
> Well entered the PUT. command for this file, aminac.aam, verified the file
> size, and put the file on the remote server whose address is
> http://www.rpi.edu/locker/53/001053/, and played it on my XP machine by
> pointing the browser to the aminac.htm file. The piece comes right up and
> the
> movie plays.
>
> I find the movie in the root directory of my XP machine with the
> webplr07.exe
> file.
>
> When use IE7 to link to the aminac.htm file with my Vista machine, with
> the
> domain in the trusted files list and protected mode off, the movie file is
> not
> copied to the web player folder. And although the piece plays, i.e. the
> movie
> controller bar appears, the movie itself does not play. Is there something
> else
> I should do to configure vista to play nicely with the web player?

Do you have the 2004 web player installed on Vista?

From: deuxieme on
I do have the 2004 web player installed on my vista machine.
From: gantek on
In your code, how are you indicating the path to the MOV? Are you using the browse button in the Quicktime sprite? Or are you using a function call in a calc?

Steve Gannon
GanTek Multimedia

From: Steve Howard **Community Expert** - eLearning + Mobile and Devices on

> When use IE7 to link to the aminac.htm file with my Vista machine, with
> the
> domain in the trusted files list and protected mode off, the movie file is
> not
> copied to the web player folder. And although the piece plays, i.e. the
> movie
> controller bar appears, the movie itself does not play. Is there something
> else
> I should do to configure vista to play nicely with the web player?

Vista will not let the file download to the default system32\macromed ....
folder structure. This is only goint to work on Vista if you use the 2004
player.

Steve

http://twitter.com/Stevehoward999

Adobe Community Expert: eLearning, Mobile and Devices
European eLearning Summit - EeLS
Adobe-sponsored eLearning conference.
http://www.elearningsummit.eu