First  |  Prev |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12
Upgrading from windows 2003 to windows 2008.
We are running a naive windows 2003 domain, and now want to upgrade to windows 2008. We have one forest with 2 domains and have several sites and each site has several domain controllers. My question is how do we upgrade to windows 2008 domain. Is there any schema update we do , if so what is the procedure. ... 3 Sep 2009 05:23
AD restore
I suffered a failure of the only DC in my domain and was forced to rebulid the server.I've managed to restore from system state backup. On reboot, I've experienced a few different errors, depending on the method of restore. The first error was a 0x0000007b stop error which i eliminated by re- installing the scs... 9 Feb 2009 10:39
I_NetLogonControl failed: Status = 1355 0x54b ERROR_NO_SUCH_DOMAIN
Hi ALberto, I have your identical problem: C:\nt-tool>nltest /sc_query:newdom.joe.com I_NetLogonControl failed: Status = 1355 0x54b ERROR_NO_SUCH_DOMAIN I find your post and if you have resolved the problem plese help me. Andrea Tomassini a.tomassini(a)abanet.it -- andreatomassini ----------------------... 15 Dec 2008 06:12
UserAccountControl Attribute
We have a custom application that uses an LDAP query against AD (2000 native) to provide a list of all active user accounts but, the results of the query is missing a handfull of active user accounts. From what I've been able to find, all the user accounts in question are not flagged as NORMAL_ACCOUNT (hex=0x0... 30 Dec 2008 02:09
Error adding NAP Role
Was this ever resolved? I am having the same problem. The event viewer only contains very generic failure information on the subject of adding the role. In the setup log it lists Event 1616 ServerManager Installation Failed Network Policy and Access Services Error: Attempt to install Network Policy Server faile... 10 Dec 2008 12:16
Win2003 domain and clients
Hi all, I went to a client this week to see their system architecture and I was surprised with the configuration. Let me explain : The server is a Win2003 with AD (domain name "example.local") and all the users account were configured. Seems ok to me. But when I went on a user's computer, it wasn't declared ... 2 Dec 2008 19:42
Event ID 1202 and 1085 on Windows XP Client
I have a windows XP client that is logging Event ID: 1202 and 1085 Every 5 minutes or during gpupdate /force. Information from Events: Event 1085 The Group Policy client-side extension Security failed to execute. Please look for any errors reported earlier by that extension. For more information, see Help a... 20 Nov 2008 17:53
Application Not installed
Hi guys, I'm trying to deploy Acrobat 7 pro via Group Police in Win2K Advanced Server. I create the package and assigned it through the computer section of the Group Policy. I then specified a single workstation for it to be applied. When the workstation starts before the login screen it says installing manage... 21 Nov 2008 14:42
AD2008 Root privileges required to promote child DC?
Excellent info !. thank for sharing.. btw I think is a great improved in Windows 2008 AD DS . It was one of those overlooked and easy make mistakes when adding a child domain.. "Kevin D. Goodknecht Sr. [MVP]" <admin(a)nospam.WFTX.US> wrote in message news:%23hh4Orn1IHA.548(a)TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl... Read inline... 20 Sep 2008 12:24
NetUserGetLocalGroups in multi-domain AD environment
Hi, I'm using this Windows API to obtain the local groups that a domain user is a member of. We have a domain tree including DomainA and DomainB. With domains at Domain/Forest Functional level Windows Server 2003. When the call is issued on a server in DomainA it does not return any local groups for user Dom... 8 Jul 2008 04:54
First  |  Prev |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12