First  |  Prev |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12
Active Directory keeps stopping
A simple site running 1 AD server Windows 2000 and a few clients. Has been running for years fine fore years but the company were picking up lots of spam on their server. On the same day I did the following: 1) Run Windows Update 2) Installed FTGate mail server 3) Create a public lookup zone so that the server c... 4 Jan 2007 14:04
domainprep failure
Hi all, I am trying to upgrade my windows 2000 AD on my infrastructure master server (holds all rolls).I was able to run forestprep without error but when I run domainprep I receive the following error (see below) and have been unable to resolve it, I have reinstalled service pack 4 and I am connected to ... 15 Dec 2006 09:25
Problem with assigning permissions with CACLS in VBScript
We have a VBScript that we run nightly to create new user's accounts in AD. Part of this script creates the user's home directory and grants the appropriate permissions to that folder. The permissions are not being set. Here is a code snippet: Dim objShell, intRunError Set objFSO = CreateObject("Scripting.F... 17 Nov 2006 09:00
SMTP Mail address
Hi all, having trouble adding a smtp mail address to a user via AD installed on my PC. This returns an error. The RPC server is unavailable Facility: Win32 ID no:c00706ba Microsoft Active Directory - Exchange Extension If I log on to the server via terminal services it works ok and I can add addresses di... 24 Nov 2006 04:34
LDIFDE to Copy AD from One Forest to Another
Howdy All, I am trying to use LDIFDE to copy a section of AD from one Forest to another. This is for testing purposes and I have the export and import commands working fine when it is with in the same forest, but is there a way to do it without using some text program (notepad) to substitue for the DN? I want ... 18 Sep 2006 22:24
Logon Failure: The target account name is incorrect.
I am running a single domain with two domain controllers, DC1 and DC2. The other day DC1 was brought down for memory upgrades which had it offline for a hour or so. When it came back up the users tried to start accessing their files on the server again, SOME but not all started getting "Logon Failure: The target a... 18 Sep 2006 08:25
event id:13552
Hello Allen, How are you? We have not heard from you regarding this issue. Please post back here at your convenience if we can assist further. Regards, Ada Pan Microsoft Online Partner Support Get Secure! - www.microsoft.com/security ==================================================== When res... 13 Oct 2006 09:53
AD GPO to control Windows Firewall Settings
I have Windows 2000 DCs and Windows XP Pro SP2 clients. Can GPO on AD control Windows Firewall Settings? ... 14 Sep 2006 05:13
LDAP win2003/SSL
Hello. I am trying to connect (LDAP) to a win2003 AD with a 3rd party application. I get this error message from Softterra LDAP browser: 00002028: LdapErr: DSID-0C09018A, comment: The server requires binds to turn on integrity checking if SSL\TLS are not already active on the connection, data 0, vece An... 20 Jul 2006 15:32
what is reset account?
what does that "reset account" action on computer objects do? somebody told me something about computer objects passwords and how they change periodically and so on,but I could not find anything explaining that in details.does a computer has a stored password in AD?does it changes periodically?does it have to do... 27 Jul 2006 18:03
First  |  Prev |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12