First  |  Prev |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12
Account Lockout event log only recorded ... sometimes
Hello, I've got my policy set up on Account Management success and Failure and I have been getting records in the event log when user accounts lock out (a 644 event) and I still get them, but it seems to be a hit-or-miss thing recently. If I weren't getting any, I would think the policy wasn't right, but it... 17 Dec 2007 11:03
AD replication issue
ok here is what happened... in our remote datacenter, there was an electrical issue and lost power everything came back up ok, but the 2 dc's there (2003 SP2) that are older systems and the date reset to january 2002 (since fixed) this is the cause of the event below. i'm trying to determine the best way to... 12 Dec 2007 09:56
Domain Controller backup
I'm trying to adjust my DC's backup plan. I believe we're backing up more than we need to. Currently we backup the entire C drive which is where the OS is installed. Do I need to backup the entire C drive? Couldn't I just backup the thesystem state which would contian the sysvol direcotry which is the activ... 18 Oct 2007 07:30
Operations Masters is offline
RID, PDC & Infrastructure shown "ERROR" in the "Operations master" field. It states "The current operations master is offline. The role cannot be transferred." ... 15 Oct 2007 08:01
computer cannot be managed.the network path not found
first i had a problem in client system in loggging into domain account.so i disjoined from the domain and rejoin the domain.now the client is able to login the domain account.but client system is not appearing under domain in the network places but in the active directory users and computers client is there.an... 1 Sep 2007 03:34
ADprep /domainprep fails
Hello All, I am preparing an SBS2000 server for upgrade. I ran adprep / forestprep without error, but I cannot get /domainprep to complete. The final portion of the log is: ------------------------------------------ Adprep was unable to modify the security descriptor on object CN=User,CN={31B2F340-016D-11D... 27 Aug 2007 12:23
replication help
Gang, I'm having replication problems I could really use some help on. How do I fix? I apologize for this being so lengthy, but I wanted to provide as much detail as possible. My topology is as such: Business-dc1.parentdomain.com (windows 2000 server parent domain) Business-dc2.child.parentdomain.com (w... 24 Jul 2007 07:50
clean failed DC out of AD do i only need to do KB 216498?
are there any other steps? I ask because the DC didnt fail after a unsuccessful domain controller demotion, it just failed and we are in the processes of rebuilding one with a new name. However this is the closest i could find to cleaning AD http://support.microsoft.com/kb/216498 thanks ... 13 Jul 2007 09:17
RPC Endpoint Mapper Error
I'm looking for some help with a problem we've ran into. We are adding our first Windows 2003 Domain Controller to a Windows 2000 domain. The 2003 DC is replacing an old 2000 DC. I had successfully dcpromo'ed out the old one and put the new one in place. It's been problems every since. Everything went fine until ... 5 Jul 2007 09:21
concurrent logins
Does anyone have a way to limit concurrent logins besides using limitlogin ? We tried installing limitlogin, but during the AD setup we kept getting "The remote server returned an error: (404) Nout found. We have 4,000 users and a program like UserLock or Limit Logins would cost us $8,000 at least. Thanks. ... 1 Jul 2007 19:24
First  |  Prev |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12