From: Ray Fischer on
rendition <ren(a)stimpy.org> wrote:
>Ray Fischer wrote:
>> tony cooper <tony_cooper213(a)earthlink.net> wrote:
>>> Chris H <chris(a)phaedsys.org>

>>> Where do you get your 80% figure? Everyone in the US is covered by
>>> some sort of health care program.
>>
>> Nope.
>
>See: emergency room.

See: Idiot rightard who doesn't realize that emergency room bills must be paid.

--
Ray Fischer
rfischer(a)sonic.net

From: rendition on
Brent wrote:
> On 2010-01-23, Chris H <chris(a)phaedsys.org> wrote:
>> In message <hjfd8f$pjv$2(a)news.eternal-september.org>, Brent <tetraethyll
>> eadREMOVETHIS(a)yahoo.com> writes

>>> That's rationing of the pie. The customer doesn't decide, the government
>>> employee does.
>> Not at all the medical staff decide on MEDICAL grounds.
>
> I did not say what grounds the decision was made on, only who makes it.
> The government employees make it. Because government is political most
> of the decision making will be political.
>
>>> They decide how the health care pie is going to be split
>>> up. They decide if the 80 year old is deserving of it or not. It's a
>>> fixed supply system. That's the mentality it runs under.
>
>> That is the US mentality. Not the NHS mentality.
>
> That's the government mentality.
>
>> All I have seen so far is the US does not trust it's own governments.
>
> Government has killed more people than anything else in human history.
> Government is fundamentally a criminal enterprise. Government and a
> criminal gang with sufficent power are for all purposes the same thing.

Well said.
From: rendition on
Ray Fischer wrote:
> rendition <ren(a)stimpy.org> wrote:
>> Ray Fischer wrote:
>>> Nope.
>> See: emergency room.
>
> See: Idiot rightard who doesn't realize that emergency room bills must be paid.

Well of course they must, but then I never made such a statement, did I
lying Ray?

You're a real bucket of barf.
From: tony cooper on
On Sat, 23 Jan 2010 17:31:05 +0000, Chris H <chris(a)phaedsys.org>
wrote:

>In message <4b5b0a58$0$30934$8f2e0ebb(a)news.shared-secrets.com>, Peter
><peternew(a)nospamoptonline.net> writes
>>"Chris H" <chris(a)phaedsys.org> wrote in message news:sdzdhdCBKvWLFAjF@p
>>haedsys.demon.co.uk...
>>
>>> As I discovered this morning (and from the last 50 years of personal
>>> experience) it is not rationed. The "rationed" and "death panels" is a
>>> myth concocted by the US anti-Obama people. It is not something Brits
>>> would recognise.
>>>

>>Basically true,
>
>It is true. I am British, living in the UK and had cause to use the NHS
>this morning.
>
>>but many myths are based upon some fact. Health care is rationed, to
>>some extent. I know of no system that gives unlimited treatment to all
>>comers.
>
>The UK tries to as do many other systems. It does fall over sometimes in
>practice.
>
>> Common sense tells us that is fiscally impossible. Here in the US,
>>under our current system rationing is partially based upon ability to
>>pay.
>
>Quite so.
>
>>No one really believes that the medical treatment given to our poverty
>>level patients is the same as for those who can afford to pay.
>
>In the UK there is no difference.

If there is no difference, then how can for-pay hospitals and doctors
stay in business? No one would pay for private treatment if free
treatment was equal to for-pay treatment.

>>Also, an 80 year old person cannot get a kidney or transplant. Heart
>>transplant candidates are carefully screened. All of this is a form of
>>rationing.
>
>In the UK they would if they were fit enough for the operation and it
>would improve their life. That said AFAIK all patients get screened for
>operations

Sometimes that "screening process" takes month and months and months.

> as no one wants to do pointless operations. However these
>decisions are taken on medical grounds.

You have a fairly good system over there. Don't over-egg the cake,
though.

--
Tony Cooper - Orlando, Florida
From: tony cooper on
>>> Not at all the medical staff decide on MEDICAL grounds.

If you have a bum knee, some doctor in the NHS will decide if you will
get a replacement joint or not. You may have to live in pain and be
severely constrained in your activities for years before a doctor
decides that medical grounds are sufficient.

In the US, the 80% who do have private insurance coverage will be on
the table in a matter of days. The 20% who don't have private medical
insurance will be treated like they are in the NHS system.

--
Tony Cooper - Orlando, Florida