From: Dudley Hanks on

"Jane Galt" <Jane_G(a)gulch.xyz> wrote in message
> "Dudley Hanks" <dhanks(a)blind-apertures.ca> wrote :
>

>>> A libertarian is a person who believes that no one has the right, under
>>> any
>>> circumstances, to ***initiate*** force against another human being, or
>>> to advocate or delegate its initiation. Those
>>
>> So, why the need to pack a piece?
>
> Not even a valid question. It's my human right. I can exercise it without
> anyone's perceived "need", it's not a marxist thing. ( "From each
> according
> to his abilities, to each according to his needs." )
>
> I can carry just because I like the color with my accessories.
>

>> I've know a lot of Libertarians, and most seem to like guns in general,
>> and carrying them "for protection" in particular...
>
> Like a fire extinguisher, I'd rather have it and not need it, than need it
> and not have it. Did Suzanna Hupp know she would need it? She went to eat
> at a cafeteria with her parents. pretty safe activity.
>
>> Yet, in a post you posted earlier in this thread, you said your State is
>> so much more friendly since people started carrying, "because you just
>> never know who's packing."
>
> Seems like people are more respectful and polite.
>
>> To me, that sounds like you're in favour of the violent affects
>> associated with pistol packing, in effect initiating violence against
>> others...
>
> How is possessing property "initiating" force. You've just shown that you
> dont even know the meaning of the word.

Let's put it this way, if you've got to carry a piece around to get a smile
from your neighbour, it's kind of like holding up the bank, only the
payoff's not in money, it's in behaviour...

>> You don't actually have to show it to use it in a violent, offensive
>> manner...
>
> Huh?
>

> --
> - Jane Galt

Think about it... I'm sure you'll figure it out, eventually...

Take Care,
Dudley

From: Dudley Hanks on

> "Dudley Hanks" <dhanks(a)blind-apertures.ca> wrote :
>

>> As a blind guy out walking around, if I get a bit disoriented and look
>> like I could use a helping hand, it's interesting that Muslims, or at
>> least people who come across as Muslims, are the ones most often to
>> offer help... One day, I must have looked hungry in addition to lost, so
>> this elderly Muslim fellow, even offered to share his lunch with me...
>>
>> Then, I come home, get on the internet, and how do the fine "white folk"
>> come across? Well, if I'd let the crazies on this group sway me, I'd
>> head for the nearest Mosque and look into joining...
>>

> Go for it, you sound quite compatible. You want to inflict your brand of
> tyranny on the human rights of everyone else. Great mob rule tyrant.
>

> --
> - Jane Galt

That was a figure of speech which I'd hoped would illustrate just what
lengths behaviour like yours might lead others too. But, of course, as a
bigot of the highest order, others are always in the wrong...

Take Care,
Dudley

From: Dudley Hanks on

> "Dudley Hanks" <dhanks(a)blind-apertures.ca> wrote :
>

>> Just the kind of mature, level-headed woman we'd all feel real safe
>> around, knowing she's packing a pistol...
>>

> Go ahead, tell us you have a "right to feel safe" now. LOL
>

> --
> - Jane Galt

Actually, that's why most countries maintain a police / military force.
Wouldn't go so far as to say I'd like anything in writing, but I'm pretty
sure a lot of politicians would be out pounding the pavement if the majority
starts getting overly antsy...

Besides, isn't that safe feeling why you're packing? If you have a right to
carry a gun to feel safe, why does that trump my right to keep that gun away
from you in order for me to feel safe?

Oh, yeah, I forgot, you're a bigot, so you're always right... Right?

How silly of me...

Take care,
Dudley

From: Dudley Hanks on

> "Dudley Hanks" <dhanks(a)blind-apertures.ca> wrote :
>

>> Blindfold yourself and try crossing a 4-lane freeway. Then talk to me
>> about balls...
>>

> Just means you need to get somewhere. Report back to us when you're with
> your
> family and a guy breaks down the door and wants to do terrible things to
> your
> wife and kids, and you cower in a corner.
>
> Oh, and I knew a blind guy ( Viet Nam vet who was blinded in the war ) who
> learned martial arts, won sparring matches in tournaments, and carried
> concealed. They also taught him to carry a staff and how to kick heinie
> with
> it, because sadly there were teen bullies who thought it great sport to
> attack him when he'd walk down the street. Would have loved to have been
> there to see it, after he was trained.
>
> I'm sure if that happened to you, you'd think of repelling them by opening
> all your lower orfices at the same time.
>

> --
> - Jane Galt

Been there, done that... Only, without the martial arts...

I find most of them over-rated...

You're welcome to set up a sparring match with me and your fave opponent,
I'll accept (as long as you foot the bill)...

Take Care,
Dudley

From: Jane Galt on
"Dudley Hanks" <dhanks(a)blind-apertures.ca> wrote :

> "Jane Galt" <Jane_G(a)gulch.xyz> wrote in message

>>> No, not at all. I told SD in this very thread I'd feel a lot safer if
we
>>> had a lot more trained cops, retired officers / military types
wandering
>>> around packing pistols, even living right next door...
>>>
>>> I just get a bit edgy when people paint an entire nation unfavourably
>>> because of a perceived discrepancy in beliefs, belittle their
neighbours
>>> because they won't offer support for packing legislation, and in
general
>>> display a rather immature attitude...
>>>
>>> Those people should not be carrying.
>>
>> You want to dictate who may exercise their human rights. I see.
>>

>> --
>> - Jane Galt
>
> When crazies want to carry guns in public, yep... I'd like to add my
> input...

What about when people you consider crazy want to exercise free speech or
religion?

And who are you to judge someone else "crazy"?

In your philosophy, nothing really means anything anyway, therefore the
term "crazy" is purely your opinion, it has no objective definition.
Therefore your opinion is meaningless.

--
- Jane Galt