From: Peter on
"Jane Galt" <Jane_G(a)gulch.xyz> wrote in message
> "Peter" <peternew(a)nospamoptonline.net> wrote :
>
>> The original premise has changed. in the early 70s some of my friends
>> would not even get a response to their resumes, suddenly become actively
>> recruited when they Anglicised their name. At a State school, SUNY
>> Binghamton where the student body waas about 30% Jewish held
>> examinations on Jewish holy days. About this time I met Rabbi Kahane. He
>> strongely influenced me to become active in JDL to help right these and
>> other wrongs. I gradually recognized that JDL methods were not a
>> solution that I could agree with.
>
> What? Being armed for one's defense?

Whoosh!

>>> My response - suggestion, if you will - was to Jane, though. She's the
>>> one looking for an outlet for her aggression.
>>
>> The attitude is more one of insecurity. I am also not convinced that she
>> is a she.
>
> I'm not convinced that you're an adult human.

Great response!
Did you think of that all by yourself?

--
Peter

From: Peter on
> "Peter" <peternew(a)nospamoptonline.net> wrote :
>

>> As a wannabe linguist I disagree with your statement.
>> His/her writing clearly shows no opinions at all = only the capability of
>> quoting the opinions of others.
>>

> All you have are the lies and smears of the classic marxist useful idiot.

Another original thought.
Learn to read; learn to think; Take a course in logic 101 and get a passing
grade. Then perhaps you will find an outlet for your hostility caused by
your unhappy childhood.

Oh yes, not that it's any of your business, but I actively campaigned and
voted for Goldwater and Nixon.
Your reference to me as a marxist is the typical reaction of one with
nothing intelligent to say.

Bye

Come back when you have something original to say.

--
Peter

From: tony cooper on
On Thu, 24 Jun 2010 20:55:43 -0400, "Peter"
<peternew(a)nospamoptonline.net> wrote:

>"Jane Galt" <Jane_G(a)gulch.xyz> wrote in message
>> "Peter" <peternew(a)nospamoptonline.net> wrote :
>>
>>> The original premise has changed. in the early 70s some of my friends
>>> would not even get a response to their resumes, suddenly become actively
>>> recruited when they Anglicised their name. At a State school, SUNY
>>> Binghamton where the student body waas about 30% Jewish held
>>> examinations on Jewish holy days. About this time I met Rabbi Kahane. He
>>> strongely influenced me to become active in JDL to help right these and
>>> other wrongs. I gradually recognized that JDL methods were not a
>>> solution that I could agree with.
>>
>> What? Being armed for one's defense?
>
>Whoosh!

>>> The attitude is more one of insecurity. I am also not convinced that she
>>> is a she.
>>
>> I'm not convinced that you're an adult human.
>>

>Great response!
>Did you think of that all by yourself?

When she has to rely on her own thinking, instead of a cut/paste
quote, you don't get much.

--
Tony Cooper - Orlando, Florida
From: Ray Fischer on
Jane Galt <Jane_G(a)gulch.xyz> wrote:
>"Peter" <peternew(a)nospamoptonline.net> wrote :

>> As a wannabe linguist I disagree with your statement.
>> His/her writing clearly shows no opinions at all = only the capability of
>> quoting the opinions of others.
>
>All you have are the lies and smears of the classic marxist useful idiot.

"Lies and smears" like, for example, "marxist useful idiot"?

--
Ray Fischer
rfischer(a)sonic.net

From: Ray Fischer on
John Turco <jtur(a)concentric.net> wrote:
>Pete wrote:

>> Generally, children are able to focus on objects 5 inches away or less;
>> by our mid-forties the closest distance for many of us is 20 inches or
>> further.
>
>I've been nearsighted, since my teenage years (I believe I first noticed
>it, in 1973). Today, my close-up vision is very sharp (5 inches, easily).

Sharp from 4.75 inches to 5.25 inches.

--
Ray Fischer
rfischer(a)sonic.net