From: Dudley Hanks on

"Jane Galt" <Jane_G(a)gulch.xyz> wrote in message
> "Dudley Hanks" <dhanks(a)blind-apertures.ca> wrote :
>

>> "Jane Galt" <Jane_G(a)gulch.xyz> wrote in message

>>> Go for it, you sound quite compatible. You want to inflict your brand of
>>> tyranny on the human rights of everyone else. Great mob rule tyrant.
>>>

>>> --
>>> - Jane Galt
>>
>> That was a figure of speech which I'd hoped would illustrate just what
>> lengths behaviour like yours might lead others too. But, of course, as a
>> bigot of the highest order, others are always in the wrong...
>
> here we go, anyone who disagrees with Marx is a "racist". So boring.
>

> --
> - Jane Galt

Marx?

You really need to take a better remedial reading course...

Haven't said a word about Marx...

But, then again, anything left of the extreme Right is Marx to you...

Galbraith, keynes, Trudeau are more to my liking.

Take Care,
Dudley

From: Dudley Hanks on

> "Dudley Hanks" <dhanks(a)blind-apertures.ca> wrote :
>

>> "Jane Galt" <Jane_G(a)gulch.xyz> wrote in message

>>> Go ahead, tell us you have a "right to feel safe" now. LOL
>>>

>>> --
>>> - Jane Galt
>>
>> Actually, that's why most countries maintain a police / military force.
>> Wouldn't go so far as to say I'd like anything in writing, but I'm
>> pretty sure a lot of politicians would be out pounding the pavement if
>> the majority starts getting overly antsy...
>>
>> Besides, isn't that safe feeling why you're packing? If you have a
>> right to carry a gun to feel safe, why does that trump my right to keep
>> that gun away from you in order for me to feel safe?
>
> If you had any grasp at all, of the meaning of freedom, I wouldnt have to
> take you by the hand and explain it. Because you dont, no explanation can
> work.
>
> "If ye love wealth better than liberty,
> the tranquility of servitude
> better than the animating contest of freedom,
> go home from us in peace.
> We ask not your counsels or your arms.
> Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you.
> May your chains set lightly upon you,
> and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen."
> - Samuel Adams
>
> You're a waste of time, a festering tyrant. Bye now.
>

> --
> - Jane Galt

So, your freedom to feel safe trumps mine, thought so...

Take Care,
Dudley

From: LOL! on
On Tue, 22 Jun 2010 03:14:34 GMT, "Dudley Hanks"
<dhanks(a)blind-apertures.ca> wrote:

>"Jane Galt" <Jane_G(a)gulch.xyz> wrote in message

>>> No, not at all. I told SD in this very thread I'd feel a lot safer if we
>>> had a lot more trained cops, retired officers / military types wandering
>>> around packing pistols, even living right next door...
>>>
>>> I just get a bit edgy when people paint an entire nation unfavourably
>>> because of a perceived discrepancy in beliefs, belittle their neighbours
>>> because they won't offer support for packing legislation, and in general
>>> display a rather immature attitude...
>>>
>>> Those people should not be carrying.
>>
>> You want to dictate who may exercise their human rights. I see.
>>

>> --
>> - Jane Galt
>
>When crazies want to carry guns in public, yep... I'd like to add my
>input...

Like you're in any sort of adequate mental-state to be able to discern
that.

LOL!!!!!!!!

From: Dudley Hanks on

"LOL!" <lol(a)lol.org> wrote in message
> On Tue, 22 Jun 2010 03:14:34 GMT, "Dudley Hanks"
> <dhanks(a)blind-apertures.ca> wrote:
>

>>"Jane Galt" <Jane_G(a)gulch.xyz> wrote in message

>>> You want to dictate who may exercise their human rights. I see.
>>>

>>> --
>>> - Jane Galt
>>
>>When crazies want to carry guns in public, yep... I'd like to add my
>>input...
>>

> Like you're in any sort of adequate mental-state to be able to discern
> that.
>
> LOL!!!!!!!!

Ah, there's the hook I've been waiting for, LOL posting about mental
state...

Thanks, Pavlov, I knew you'd come through...

Regarding, "Jane," I've been keeping stats as to which puppets have been
silent while you, myself, and a few others have been furiously typeing about
this subject, and it's really elluminating as to who's been silent and who's
kept up their normal routine of replying to threads they'd normally be
interested in, or want to provoke interest in over the last 48 hours.

Let's face it, "Jane," you wouldn't get past the Firearms Acquisition
Certificate application psychological profile, let alone the concealed carry
licensing procedure, so you might want to drop the charade...

As for me, this is a subject I'm not willing to spend the rest of my life
tapping away to enlighten those who've already cemented their attitudes, so
I'll drop out now.

But, LOL, I look forward to baiting the MasterBaitee in future posts...

It's been a slice...

Take Care,
Dudley

From: David Ruether on

"krishnananda" <krishna(a)divine-life.in.invalid> wrote in message

> Neo-Platonists like our esteemed Ayn Rand devotee always crack me up.
> They are so sure that they are the absolute cream of the intellectual
> crop that they deserve to be the philosopher-kings dictating proper
> behavior to the little people.
>
> They seem to base their entire worldview on a few really poorly-written
> romance novels written by a Russian immigrant (!). Everyone else is to
> be spat upon, disdained, called epithets like "Communist", and generally
> derided for daring to voice an opinion different from theirs. So much
> for their cynical championship of individual achievement.
>
> For that is the crux of these Neo-Platonists: by their own definition
> everything they say is the absolute truth and everything anyone else
> says is laughable. Disagreeing with them is tantamount to mental
> retardation, treason, nazism, communism, or worst of all: small "D"
> democratic.
>
> And it all comes down to these lousy romance novels like Atlas Shrugged.
> Neo-Platonists seem to regard these texts as fundamentalist Christians
> view the bible or fundamentalist Muslims regard the Qur'an: every word
> is true and applies to the entire population of the world, whatever
> their opinion. Once you have heard the "Good News" of Libertarianism you
> have the obligation to believe it wholeheartedly.
>
> I knew a guy in high school, long ago, who's parents named him "Roark"
> because their last name was "Howard". Roark was a really nice guy and
> didn't deserve to be burdened whth that name.
>
> Of course now, in the "Tea Party" we have [Ayn] Rand Paul, who seems to
> live up to his name pretty well.
>
> Ironically, Neo-Platonists hew to their invented utopia stronger than
> any good and proper Stalinist ever did.

Ah, a good summation...! ;-)
I read "Atlas Shrugged" as a kid (I was into Sci-fi...), and even then, the
writing appeared to me to be terrible (I was used to gobbling up "pulp"
sci-fi - but even that was generally of much higher quality than "A-S"), the
plot silly, and the "philosophy" stupid and unrealistic (and the later movie
wasn't any better, being a melodramatic bunch of idiotic "slush"). 'Course,
about the same time, I also gave up religions (I *was* into trying to *think*
on my own at the time, which I'm still trying to continue to do...;-). I guess
in the end, though, I dislike religions far less than ill-conceived impractical
philosophies of governing - the first can offer comfort to the believers, but
the second delivers nothing of value, and often pain... Watching the growth
of the "Tea Party", Libertarianism, and even the rise of the more extremist
side of the 'Bublican party (if they feel that they can rename the "Democrat"
party, I feel that their name is fair game...;-) I find scary. I hope we survive
this period of much reduced thoughtfulness...
--DR