From: Peter on
"tony cooper" <tony_cooper213(a)earthlink.net> wrote in message
> On Mon, 21 Jun 2010 18:38:14 -0500, Jane Galt <Jane_G(a)gulch.xyz>
> wrote:
>
>>tony cooper <tony_cooper213(a)earthlink.net> wrote :

>>> Of course he's not stupid. He's studied the ways of the snake oil
>>> merchants of old and built a fortune on those techniques: it doesn't
>>> matter what's in the bottle, it's the hype that you use to sell it
>>> that brings in the money.
>>>
>>> Beck, Limbaugh, Hannity and others of that ilk have taken a page out
>>> of Sen Joseph McCarthy's book and packaged their snake oil around the
>>> spectre of Communism under every bed.
>>>

>>PLONK you too.
>
> The PLONKing has begun. When Ms Galt cannot come up with a copy/paste
> macro of someone else's words to meet the situation, she does the
> Usenet adaptation of sticking her fingers in her ears and going yada
> yada yada: PLONK.
>
> What you might expect from someone who relies on others to form her
> opinions.

As a wannabe linguist I disagree with your statement.
His/her writing clearly shows no opinions at all = only the capability of
quoting the opinions of others.

--
Peter

From: Peter on
> >On Mon, 21 Jun 2010 18:30:28 -0500, Jane Galt <Jane_G(a)gulch.xyz> wrote:
>>
>>>Yep, and I've owned guns since moving out of my pacifist anti-gun jewish
>>>parents' home around 1970. People like that are also the reason I
>>>renounced
>>>judaism at around age 25, out of shame and disgust that people who could
>>>say "never again!" could possibly trust ANY government to protect them,
>>>and
>>>go unarmed. I see any and all unarmed jews as abject cowards, and
>>>deserving
>>>of having another Holocaust inflicted on them.
>
> So you could have become active in the JDL and helped put some teeth
> into "never again". Instead you've become a quote accumulator and
> spent your time looking for the perfect holster purse. Talkin' the
> talk, but stoppin' there.

I strongly suspect that the poster referred to as Galt is an extremely
insecure individual, who had an unhappy childhood, has a hair trigger temper
and few friends.
Your mention of JDL is interesting. I have friends who are survivors.
children of survivors and former IDF officers, none of whom would ever
affiliate themselves with JDL. Indeed we used to have discussions over their
lack of interest in that organization.
I used to be highly sympathetic with JDL and supported many of its goals. My
reasons for disaffiliation primarily were: that I found them far too
radical; their professed goals are unrealistic and not in the best interests
of the Jewish people.

<\end mini rant>

--
Peter

From: tony cooper on
On Tue, 22 Jun 2010 19:49:44 -0700, Savageduck
<savageduck1@{REMOVESPAM}me.com> wrote:

>On 2010-06-22 18:54:35 -0700, tony cooper <tony_cooper213(a)earthlink.net> said:
>

>> I dunno about her being insecure. She obviously has a need to feel
>> important and tell everyone about it. I'm ambivalent on the hand gun
>> issue. I have absolutely no desire to own or carry one, but I'm not
>> in the camp that wants to see all hand guns banned.
>
>There are some things about the way she presents of her arguments which
>make me wonder what happened in her life, to bring her to become allied
>with the P&S troll.

I don't think she's participated in this group enough to know the
troll for what he is. I don't think she's read the other threads
where the troll appears.

The troll tells a very convincing story...the first time you read him.
It's apparent that the stories are made up only after you've read a
few of them.

The troll is also a master of the half truth. For example, he claims
to have won an award for a photograph he took with a box Brownie. That
could be true. I can - truthfully - claim to have won a first-place
award in an art show. It makes a better story if I don't add that it
was first place at the Frances E. Willard Grade School art show for
second graders.

--
Tony Cooper - Orlando, Florida
From: tony cooper on
On Tue, 22 Jun 2010 23:28:05 -0400, "Peter"
<peternew(a)nospamoptonline.net> wrote:

>> My response - suggestion, if you will - was to Jane, though. She's the
>> one looking for an outlet for her aggression.
>
>The attitude is more one of insecurity. I am also not convinced that she is
>a she.

Well, I think her first post was titled something about looking for a
p&s camera that would fit in her purse. It was only later that she
started talking about the gun she also carried in her purse. I don't
think she's clever enough to have started out to deceive.

--
Tony Cooper - Orlando, Florida
From: Dudley Hanks on

> On Tue, 22 Jun 2010 19:49:44 -0700, Savageduck
> <savageduck1@{REMOVESPAM}me.com> wrote:
>
>>On 2010-06-22 18:54:35 -0700, tony cooper <tony_cooper213(a)earthlink.net>
>>said:
>>

>>> I dunno about her being insecure. She obviously has a need to feel
>>> important and tell everyone about it. I'm ambivalent on the hand gun
>>> issue. I have absolutely no desire to own or carry one, but I'm not
>>> in the camp that wants to see all hand guns banned.
>>
>>There are some things about the way she presents of her arguments which
>>make me wonder what happened in her life, to bring her to become allied
>>with the P&S troll.
>
> I don't think she's participated in this group enough to know the
> troll for what he is. I don't think she's read the other threads
> where the troll appears.
>
> The troll tells a very convincing story...the first time you read him.
> It's apparent that the stories are made up only after you've read a
> few of them.
>
> The troll is also a master of the half truth. For example, he claims
> to have won an award for a photograph he took with a box Brownie. That
> could be true. I can - truthfully - claim to have won a first-place
> award in an art show. It makes a better story if I don't add that it
> was first place at the Frances E. Willard Grade School art show for
> second graders.
>

> --
> Tony Cooper - Orlando, Florida

Given the amount of time the troll spends on the net, I'm still guessing he
/ she is either a severely disabled younger person, or a more elderly person
with a definite mobility problem. I'd put my money on the younger disabled
person, though, given the fairly extensive computer knowledge.

For about 30 years, now, computers have been seen as the "equalizer" for
disabled people. The thought being that if the disabled person has enough
computer training, they will be employable for such things as office work,
writing, research, etc. But, it hasn't worked out as well in practice as in
theory, largely due to social problems incorporating the disabled into an
abled-bodied workforce.

The troll's bitterness could be due to his or her inability to use whatever
training he / she has to become more well off, so the only other thing to do
is strike out and try to make others as unhappy as possible.

I'm fairly certain, given the timing of LOL's messages versus Jane's
messages, that Jane is just another sock puppet -- could be wrong, but don't
think so.

Anyway, "they" were just taking up too much time, so I kill filed them.
Maybe in the fall I'll check them out again, but I ckind of doubt it.

Take Care,
Dudley