From: John McWilliams on
Neil Harrington wrote:
> "John McWilliams" <jpmcw(a)comcast.net> wrote in message
>> Neil Harrington wrote:
>>> Ooooh. My kinda woman. (Though I'm mainly a Beretta guy myself.)
>> Kinda like Rita, I bet. A lady but not a woman.
>
> Really? What makes you think that?

The same sorta stuff that made me know "Rita", aka "Larry Thong"
recently, was a guy.

Were you the one who was so skeptical about my claim re "Rita" when you
first came to this NG? I never did get an enthusiastic thank you from
the guy whoever he was.

--
john mcwilliams

I know that you believe you understood what you think I said, but I'm
not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.
From: George Kerby on

On 6/18/10 4:42 PM, in article hvgp8r$8kj$1(a)news.eternal-september.org,
"John McWilliams" <jpmcw(a)comcast.net> wrote:

> Neil Harrington wrote:
>> "John McWilliams" <jpmcw(a)comcast.net> wrote in message
>>> Kinda like Rita, I bet. A lady but not a woman.
>>
>> Really? What makes you think that?
>
> The same sorta stuff that made me know "Rita", aka "Larry Thong"
> recently, was a guy.

Not to mention the subject matter of "Rita's" contributions: I REALLY would
surmise that a woman would not be so much into dogshit as "Rita".

From: Jane Galt on
"David J Taylor" <david-taylor(a)blueyonder.co.uk.invalid> wrote :

> "Jane Galt" <Jane_G(a)gulch.xyz> wrote in message
> []
>> True. Well now that I have a HD 24" LCD monitor ( Asus VK246H ) and HDTV
>> at
>> home, I'm really enjoying true HD, so it would be awesome to be able to
>> take full HD photos and video and see them on these at home, even as
>> wallpaper.
>
> You do know that "full HD", and your monitor, are only about 2MP, I
> presume?
>
> Cheers,
> David

Oh my.

Well whatever makes it look so sharp and clear, I want it. :)

--
- Jane Galt
From: Jane Galt on
"Peter" <peternew(a)nospamoptonline.net> wrote :

> "Jane Galt" <Jane_G(a)gulch.xyz> wrote in message
>> "Neil Harrington" <nobody(a)homehere.net> wrote :
>>

>>> "Jane Galt" <Jane_G(a)gulch.xyz> wrote in message

>>> The two Canons you mention look sort of interesting, though if I were
>>> buying a Powershot I'd go the extra $100 for a G11.
>>
>> I mentioned that I could spring the extra from the $250 price of the
S8000
>> to the SD4000IS. Now you're talking $450. :) Creeping price here. LOL
>>
>>> I don't know if
>>> you'd consider the G11 purse sized, however.
>>

>> Not so much?
>>

>> I looked up the S90, the S8000 and the SD4000IS:
>>

>> S90 3.9 x 2.3 x 1.2 6.2 OZ.
>> S8000 4.1 x 2.3 x 1.1 6.5 OZ.
>> SD4000IS 3.9 x 2.1 x .9 6.1 OZ.
>>
>> G11 4.4 x 3 x 1.9 12.5 OZ.
>>
>> <sigh> The purse IS kinda big already, to hold the size and weight of
the
>> XD-45 ACP and the 14 rounds of JHP. Hmmm....
>>
>> Is the G11 THAT much better than the other 3?
>> ( thinking this is gonna cost me more... )
>>
>> At what point will I need to start moving other stuff out of the purse
>> make room for it?
>>
>> I like the size of the Cyber-Shot DSC-S750 that I have in there now.
It's
>> in a little hard shell case. It just doesn't take very sharp pictures,
and
>> after all, what's a camera for if not that? Oh and the video it takes
are
>> tiny. And I love the idea of taking HD stills and video...
>>
>> IOW I want a new purse camera for my birthday. :-)
>>

> Happy birthday. Since it will be your only xx birthday ever, get the
G11.

Talked to my other half about it. If I spend $450, they will want a bunch
of stuff too, and it's gonna get way expensive. LOL

--
- Jane Galt
From: Jane Galt on
"Neil Harrington" <nobody(a)homehere.net> wrote :

> "Jane Galt" <Jane_G(a)gulch.xyz> wrote in message
>> tony cooper <tony_cooper213(a)earthlink.net> wrote :
>>

> Ooooh. My kinda woman. (Though I'm mainly a Beretta guy myself.)

As in 9mm? Wuss? LOL

I was carrying an XD-9 for awhile but the guys in my gun group kept bugging
me about its lack of "stopping power" ( heck it had 9mm +P JHP! ) and telling
me to carry a .45 ACP. So I figure if 14 rds of 45 ACP JHP wont do the job
now, I gotta call in Jack Bauer. LOL

>> so it's already pretty full and slightly
>> heavy. ;-)
>
> Leave the extra magazine home and that'd save the weight of a pretty
> good-sized compact camera. :-)

Already do that. <sigh>

"A pistol is just something you use to fight your way back to your rifle."

LOL

--
- Jane Galt