From: Neil Harrington on

"Jane Galt" <Jane_G(a)gulch.xyz> wrote in message
> "Neil Harrington" <nobody(a)homehere.net> wrote :
>

>> "Jane Galt" <Jane_G(a)gulch.xyz> wrote in message
>>> "Neil Harrington" <nobody(a)homehere.net> wrote :
>

>>> Frankly I'd love a $3000 Nikon DSLR but it's like with guns. They say
>>> that the smaller gun you can carry is better than the bigger gun that
>>> you have to wind up leaving at home. Same with this. If it fits my
>>> purse, I have it in a snap. <pun> If it's baggage, I probably would
>>> leave it at home most of
>>> the time, then I'd miss something like that video of Congressman ( Thug
>>> ) Bob Etheridge if I saw something like that going on. :-)
>>
>> Yes, wasn't that something.
>
> Should give his constituents nightmares, right up until the elections this
> fall.
>
> Creeps ME out!
>
> Of course if he'd pulled that on me and not a teen boy....
>

>>> True. Well now that I have a HD 24" LCD monitor ( Asus VK246H ) and
>>> HDTV at
>>> home, I'm really enjoying true HD, so it would be awesome to be able to
>>> take full HD photos and video and see them on these at home, even as
>>> wallpaper.
>>
>> I see David has already pointed out that HDTV is only about two
>> megapixels. And that's at the highest available resolution regardless of
>> screen size: 1920 x 1080 = 2.07 megapixels.
>
> I guess the awesome factor on an HDTV screen or monitor, must come from
> the
> sharpness of said lens.

I suspect the "awesome factor" is chiefly psychological. You're not used to
seeing a still photo that sharp, that large and at that distance.

From: tony cooper on
On Sat, 19 Jun 2010 20:08:44 -0400, "Neil Harrington"
<nobody(a)homehere.net> wrote:

>"John McWilliams" <jpmcw(a)comcast.net> wrote in message
>> Neil Harrington wrote:
>>> "John McWilliams" <jpmcw(a)comcast.net> wrote in message
>>>
>>> Really? What makes you think that?
>>
>> The same sorta stuff that made me know "Rita", aka "Larry Thong" recently,
>> was a guy.
>>
>> Were you the one who was so skeptical about my claim re "Rita" when you
>> first came to this NG? I never did get an enthusiastic thank you from the
>> guy whoever he was.
>
>Yes, that was probably me. I was skeptical at first; now I believe you're
>right, but I guess I'll never know for sure. But thank you anyway, I guess.
>I don't know if that's "enthusiastic" enough . . . :-)
>
>I cannot understand why someone would pretend to be female when he's male,
>or vice versa. But I accept that some do, of course.

I can't understand why anyone would care if the poster is male or
female.

--
Tony Cooper - Orlando, Florida
From: Jane Galt on
tony cooper <tony_cooper213(a)earthlink.net> wrote :

> On Sat, 19 Jun 2010 20:08:44 -0400, "Neil Harrington"
><nobody(a)homehere.net> wrote:
>

>>"John McWilliams" <jpmcw(a)comcast.net> wrote in message

>>> The same sorta stuff that made me know "Rita", aka "Larry Thong"
>>> recently, was a guy.
>>>
>>> Were you the one who was so skeptical about my claim re "Rita" when
>>> you first came to this NG? I never did get an enthusiastic thank you
>>> from the guy whoever he was.
>>
>>Yes, that was probably me. I was skeptical at first; now I believe
>>you're right, but I guess I'll never know for sure. But thank you
>>anyway, I guess. I don't know if that's "enthusiastic" enough . . . :-)
>>
>>I cannot understand why someone would pretend to be female when he's
>>male, or vice versa. But I accept that some do, of course.
>
> I can't understand why anyone would care if the poster is male or
> female.

Most people use pseudonyms on usenet anyway, to avoid things like death
threats. Is this a surrise?

--
- Jane Galt
From: Jane Galt on
This is such fun, I hate to get back on topic, but does anyone know of a
comparison table that compares the features of the G11 and SD4000IS?

It's kinda coming down between those two.

The S8000, while having f2.0, is also said to have some slow problems, in
some of the reviews I saw.

From: John McWilliams on
Jane Galt wrote:
> This is such fun, I hate to get back on topic, but does anyone know of a
> comparison table that compares the features of the G11 and SD4000IS?
>
> It's kinda coming down between those two.
>
> The S8000, while having f2.0, is also said to have some slow problems, in
> some of the reviews I saw.

dpreview.com; ->Buying guide-> side by side comparison.

However, the highest SD number I saw there was 3500....

--
john mcwilliams