From: Jane Galt on
John McWilliams <jpmcw(a)comcast.net> wrote :

> Jane Galt wrote:
>> John McWilliams <jpmcw(a)comcast.net> wrote :

>> "She was not quite what you would call refined
>> She was not quite what you would call unrefined
>> She was the kind of person that keeps a parrot."
>> -- Mark Twain
>

> Nice one! I do like humor.....

As far as this quip:
>>> Kinda like Rita, I bet. A lady but not a woman.

More like a female but not a lady. LOL

--
- Jane Galt
From: John McWilliams on
Jane Galt wrote:
> John McWilliams <jpmcw(a)comcast.net> wrote :
>
>> Jane Galt wrote:

>>> "She was not quite what you would call refined
>>> She was not quite what you would call unrefined
>>> She was the kind of person that keeps a parrot."
>>> -- Mark Twain
>>
>> Nice one! I do like humor.....
>>

> As far as this quip:
>
> More like a female but not a lady. LOL

Well, apparently, you know best about....you! But I think my statement
re "Rita" stands. Unless, of course, you are Rita, and then you're both
or either....

--
john mcwilliams
From: Jane Galt on
John McWilliams <jpmcw(a)comcast.net> wrote :

> Jane Galt wrote:
>> John McWilliams <jpmcw(a)comcast.net> wrote :

>>> Nice one! I do like humor.....
>>>

>> As far as this quip:
>>
>> More like a female but not a lady. LOL
>
> Well, apparently, you know best about....you! But I think my statement
> re "Rita" stands. Unless, of course, you are Rita, and then you're both
> or either....

Dont know any Rita. Was she a meter maid? LOL

--
- Jane Galt
From: Jane Galt on
So with this G11, does it have an awesome sharp clear lens? <drool>

From: David J Taylor on
> "David J Taylor" <david-taylor(a)blueyonder.co.uk.invalid> wrote :
[]
>> You do know that "full HD", and your monitor, are only about 2MP, I
>> presume?
>>
>> Cheers,
>> David
>>

> Oh my.
>
> Well whatever makes it look so sharp and clear, I want it. :)

Yes, I sometimes wonder that as well, Jane! One thing is that the pixels
are right on the surface of the display, with no intervening optics, and
there's no "ink spread" which you might get in some printing processes.
Of course, if you want to crop half the linear image you've taken, you
then need four times as many pixels, so having that 8-10-12MP camera does
make some sense....

Oh, and I've seen figures of around 200 pixels per inch for acceptable
photos, and that on a 6 x 4 inch print is 1MP - others say 300 pixels per
inch so that's 2MP.

Cheers,
David