From: Jane Galt on
"David Ruether" <d_ruether(a)thotmail.com> wrote :

> "Jane Galt" <Jane_G(a)gulch.xyz> wrote in message
>
>> Tried finding any handgun ammo on the shelves at Walmart, since Obama
>> Nation got into office? It's 18 months later and the shelves are STILL
>> bare, people are still scared and hoarding.
>
> Kinda demonstrates that stupidity is catching, I guess...
> --DR

Fear. When someone who was mentored by a communist gets into office,
promising to "radically transform America" and:

"I don't believe people should be able to own guns." -- Barack Obama

--
- Jane Galt
From: Jane Galt on
J. Caldwell <nospam(a)anyserver.net> wrote :

> On Sun, 20 Jun 2010 15:27:28 -0400, "David Ruether"
><d_ruether(a)thotmail.com> wrote:
>

>>"Jane Galt" <Jane_G(a)gulch.xyz> wrote in message
>>
>>> Tried finding any handgun ammo on the shelves at Walmart, since Obama
>>> Nation got into office? It's 18 months later and the shelves are STILL
>>> bare, people are still scared and hoarding.
>>
>>Kinda demonstrates that stupidity is catching, I guess...
>>--DR
>>

> Actually most of the runs on ammo this year are due to them changing the
> manufacturing process, not any overthrow-the-government conspiracies
> (though it's getting there). All new ammo of any gauge is now micro-tagged.

Did they pass that? I thought that was only in the People's Republic of
California.

--
- Jane Galt
From: David Ruether on

"Gilford Brimly" <gilfordbrimly(a)spamless.com> wrote in message
> On Sun, 20 Jun 2010 16:46:30 -0400, "David Ruether"
> <d_ruether(a)thotmail.com> wrote:

>>So, what do you need untagged ammo for...?

> So what do you need tagged ammo for? The reasons are identical.

A good point, but only relevant if/when the shooting begins, which
would be a stupid/pointless thing to have happen, regardless of who
started it - but from hearing the rhetoric on the right, it seems more
likely to start there (BTW, that's called "treason" since we *vote*
what we want, or accept the point of view of the opposition if that
receives more votes - we *do not* shoot to make changes in
government unless we are ***EXTREMELY*** foolish and
short-sighted...).
--DR

From: Jane Galt on
"David Ruether" <d_ruether(a)thotmail.com> wrote :

> Yes. It is the mentality of the selfish and short-sighted (and I suspect
> it has more than a little to do with the reading of that epitome of this
> point of view, "Atlas Shrugged", by Ayn Rand (what a piece of
> philosophical junk that is!).
> --DR

The only people I've heard saying that, are those on the opposite side of the
political spectrum. ( marxist leaning )

--
- Jane Galt
From: Jane Galt on
"Dudley Hanks" <dhanks(a)blind-apertures.ca> wrote :

> You assume that you will always come out on top, and that the fear of
> your vast superiority will deter future crimes...

Who assumes that?

> Sadly, such is not the case, which is why the arms race occurred.

Nothing to do with personal self defense.

Are you a pacifist?

> Recognition that that fallacy doesn't work is what put a cap on the arms
> race, and it is only future development of alternative ideologies that
> will truly put our globe into a real state of peace.

Life is dynamic. If you want peace, the only place to find it is in the
grave.

> If I'm a criminal and I know potential victims might be carrying, it
> won't stop me if I'm starving.

You seriously think that the only people who would attack us are poor
starving people in need? Seriously? With all the welfare out there?