From: Kadaitcha Man on
Some manic octopus named "High Plains Thumper" gurgled:

> Problem is I quoted a consumer advocacy group, which was largely ignored
> by the poster.

You. You were ignored by the poster.

<SNIP 100 more lines of obsessive Linuxfucktard propaganda>

There's something really mentally wrong with you, hey.

--
Test signature

Dinner tonight:
Cooked sufficiently human armpit hairs con toasted live rat embryos
garnished with infected diseased body parts, dished up in a chilled
pannikin heaped with threadbare hodgepodge of celery in cashew broth, a
side of calf spleen and a goblet of sewage.
From: Hadron on
Phil Stovell <phil(a)stovell.nospam.org.uk> writes:

> On Sat, 09 Jan 2010 21:33:28 +0000, Conor wrote:
>
>> In article <No32n.24084$Ym4.11961(a)text.news.virginmedia.com>, 7 says...
>>
>>> All the excuses don't compare with rock steady cost saving Linux.
>>
>> <snigger>
>> Linux - free if your time is worthless.
>>
>> If Linux is so good, how come Windows 7 got 5 times the market share in
>> 1/40th the time it took Linux to get to 1%?
>
> Because retailers don't make money off free software so have no incentive
> to put it on their PCs. Free software isn't advertised and free software
> isn't included in the trial bloatware that infests new PCs. I always
> advise people to remove the crud that comes with their PC and to install
> things like Avast and OpenOffice.

Do you also advise them that OO wont work with many of their existing
documents?

From: Phil Stovell on
On Sun, 10 Jan 2010 14:21:31 +0100, Hadron wrote:

> Phil Stovell <phil(a)stovell.nospam.org.uk> writes:
>
>> On Sat, 09 Jan 2010 21:33:28 +0000, Conor wrote:
>>
>>> In article <No32n.24084$Ym4.11961(a)text.news.virginmedia.com>, 7 says...

>>> <snigger>
>>> Linux - free if your time is worthless.
>>>
>>> If Linux is so good, how come Windows 7 got 5 times the market share in
>>> 1/40th the time it took Linux to get to 1%?
>>
>> Because retailers don't make money off free software so have no
>> incentive to put it on their PCs. Free software isn't advertised and
>> free software isn't included in the trial bloatware that infests new
>> PCs. I always advise people to remove the crud that comes with their PC
>> and to install things like Avast and OpenOffice.
>
> Do you also advise them that OO wont work with many of their existing
> documents?

OO works with all my existing documents, from Word 2.0 -> 97 and Works
2.0. You can always install Word, Excel etc. under Wine, if you must. I
tried with Office 97 and it worked fine.
From: Phil Stovell on
On Sun, 10 Jan 2010 13:28:30 +0000, Phil Stovell wrote:

> comp.os.linux.advocacy,uk.comp.os.linux,24hoursupport.helpdesk,uk.comp.homebuilt

Arrrggghhh!

Dragons! Dragons!

Advocacy groups, I thought it was just uk.comp.homebuilt!

Bye-bye.
From: bcoombes on
Hadron wrote:
> Phil Stovell <phil(a)stovell.nospam.org.uk> writes:
>
>> On Sat, 09 Jan 2010 21:33:28 +0000, Conor wrote:
>>
>>> In article <No32n.24084$Ym4.11961(a)text.news.virginmedia.com>, 7 says...

>>> <snigger>
>>> Linux - free if your time is worthless.
>>>
>>> If Linux is so good, how come Windows 7 got 5 times the market share in
>>> 1/40th the time it took Linux to get to 1%?
>> Because retailers don't make money off free software so have no incentive
>> to put it on their PCs. Free software isn't advertised and free software
>> isn't included in the trial bloatware that infests new PCs. I always
>> advise people to remove the crud that comes with their PC and to install
>> things like Avast and OpenOffice.
>
> Do you also advise them that OO wont work with many of their existing
> documents?

I used to be a big OO fan but the last version seems to be causing some machine
crashes too.
First  |  Prev  |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12
Prev: fedora 12 install woes