From: sdlomi2 on

> snip <
> http://www.ecs.com.tw/ECSWebSite/Downloads/ProductsDetail_Download.aspx?detailid=269&DetailName=Bios&DetailDesc=K7S5A%20Pro%20%20(V5.0)&CategoryID=1&MenuID=82&LanID=0
>
> Remeber to take the second (newer one, dated 2003/06/30 , as it
> incorporates the upper ones's support for newer Durons and fixes the sleep
> problem in WinXP)
>

> --
> tumppiw
> Helsinki, Finland
> ========================
> Translations to/from FI not always accurate

You said, "Remeber to take the second (newer one, dated
2003/06/30......"). The second one, dated 6/30/2003 is not newer than the
first one dated 8/25/2003!? s

From: Theslaz on
Malke wrote:
> On Mon, 12 Jan 2009 15:10:24 -0000, "Roger" <Monkey(a)Zoo.fsnet.co.uk>
> wrote:
>
>> Hi all,
>>
>> Am I on the correct group ! I wish to update my original bios for ECS
>> K7S5A. The boot up screen info in lower left corner is >>
>>
>> ECS 62-0206-001131-00101111-040201 SIS735 K7S5A. I run Win XP Pro OS. I
>> beleive the Megatrends date is 2001.
>>
>> Are there trust worthy sites out there,where I can update and is there a
>> risk in the process ? I know some sites search your system for needed
>> updates but what spy stuff has been implanted,
>>
>> Any help would be greatly appreciated on this and is it worth the update.
>>
>> Thank You Roger
>>
>> ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++=
>>
> NO you are not in the correct group. This question has nothing to do
> with the OS.
>
> Ask elsewhere
Who died and made you God? Are you the NG cop? Notice he got numerous
replies to his question; therefore he must be in the right NG! If you
don't like it don't read it!
From: Malke on
Malke wrote:

No, I didn't.

> NO you are not in the correct group. This question has nothing to do
> with the OS.
>
> Ask elsewhere

You fool no one, troll. You need to get to the doctor.

Malke
--
MS-MVP
Elephant Boy Computers - Don't Panic!

From: Jeff on
"Paul" <nospam(a)needed.com> wrote in message
> Jeff(a)unknown.com wrote:
>> I just checked at the crucial website and they did say my M105 laptop
>> could handle 4G.
>>
>> But I am running Windows XP and if I read their web page correctly
>> apparently XP can only handle up to 3G.
>>
>> Also, the crucial website says the Toshiba M105 supports "dual -channel
>> memory" and that I therefore should install memory in pairs. But, there
>> does not seem to be 1.5G modules available, which seems to send me back
>> to 1x2G - unless I misunderstand.
>>
>> Could you advise?
>>
>> Jeff
>
> At $23 for a 2GB stick, do you really care how much is wasted ? :-)
> Enjoy the cheap memory, while you can get it. Think back to
> all the times it cost you $600 to fill a computer with RAM.
>
> If it doesn't turn out to be that useful to you, hold onto it, and
> wait for the price of DDR2 to rise.
>
> Paul

Of course you are correct about the price. Not being an expert I just do
not know if the extra memory will mess things up somehow. Will it?

Is it true that my Windows XP Media center will only use 3G of ram?

Thanks.

Jeff

From: Bob I on

Jeff(a)unknown.com wrote:

> "Paul" <nospam(a)needed.com> wrote in message
>
>>Jeff(a)unknown.com wrote:
>>
>>>I just checked at the crucial website and they did say my M105 laptop
>>>could handle 4G.
>>>
>>>But I am running Windows XP and if I read their web page correctly
>>>apparently XP can only handle up to 3G.
>>>
>>>Also, the crucial website says the Toshiba M105 supports "dual -channel
>>>memory" and that I therefore should install memory in pairs. But, there
>>>does not seem to be 1.5G modules available, which seems to send me back
>>>to 1x2G - unless I misunderstand.
>>>
>>>Could you advise?
>>>
>>>Jeff
>>
>>At $23 for a 2GB stick, do you really care how much is wasted ? :-)
>>Enjoy the cheap memory, while you can get it. Think back to
>>all the times it cost you $600 to fill a computer with RAM.
>>
>>If it doesn't turn out to be that useful to you, hold onto it, and
>>wait for the price of DDR2 to rise.
>>
>> Paul
>

> Of course you are correct about the price. Not being an expert I just do
> not know if the extra memory will mess things up somehow. Will it?
>
> Is it true that my Windows XP Media center will only use 3G of ram?
>
> Thanks.
>
> Jeff

The amount of RAM that is available to use is 4 GB address space MINUS
that address space used by your system hardware. Some systems have so
much hardware address space used that only 2.5-2.75 GB is left for RAM
addressing, others 3.5 GB. It ALL depends on what your system is
configured with. There is NO 3 GB limit.