From: Bob I on

Jeff(a)unknown.com wrote:

>>>Are you sure? The crucial.com website says:
>>>
>>>"32-bit versions of Windows will see (and utilize) only 3GB or 3.5GB. To
>>>utilize more memory, install a 64-bit version of your OS".
>>>
>>>Jeff
>>>

>>They dummied down the reason and explaination, it is as I told you. Also
>>there is no 64 bit version of XP Media Center. There is only a 64 bit
>>version of XP Pro and it is OEM only. If your motherboard supports 4 GB of
>>ram, XP(32 bit) will provide RAM for all addresses that are NOT used up by
>>addressing your installed hardware. It is that simple.
>>

> Thank you.
>
> I ordered the 4G of memory. I was going to anyway, just wanted to
> understand better.
>
> Jeff

You're welcome, have a great day!

From: Eric on
ECS K7S5A. I have this motherboard in the closet. It is notorious for
having bulging capacitors near the VRM. Usually it is Gluzon and or
Ost-brand capacitor.
Make sure they are good before you add more ram.

You can find the bios from ECS website. There are few different
revisions for the board, so make sure you got the right one.
The revision number is near the mouse port.
Some of the K7s5a has lan, and some don't, so be sure you got the
right one

From: Theslaz on
Malke wrote:
> Malke wrote:
>
> No, I didn't.
>
>> NO you are not in the correct group. This question has nothing to do
>> with the OS.
>>
>> Ask elsewhere
>
> You fool no one, troll. You need to get to the doctor.

> Malke
Your the sick one if you think I care what you think. This is a NG. Very
few controls/restrictions if any; and you are NOT in a position to
dictate what can be posted/asked.

For me; being a "Troll" is a compliment. Thanks
From: Malke on
On Tue, 13 Jan 2009 05:14:32 -0800, Malke <malke(a)invalid.invalid>
wrote:

>Malke wrote:
>
>No, I didn't.
>
>> NO you are not in the correct group. This question has nothing to do
>> with the OS.
>>
>> Ask elsewhere
>
>You fool no one, troll. You need to get to the doctor.

>Malke

Why are you talking to yourself?
From: Theslaz on
Malke wrote:
> On Tue, 13 Jan 2009 05:14:32 -0800, Malke <malke(a)invalid.invalid>
> wrote:
>
>> Malke wrote:
>>
>> No, I didn't.
>>
>>> NO you are not in the correct group. This question has nothing to do
>>> with the OS.
>>>
>>> Ask elsewhere
>> You fool no one, troll. You need to get to the doctor.

>> Malke
>
> Why are you talking to yourself?
Same reason you are. But I started it because you think that you can
dictate to someone what they can and can't post. Wrong! I subscribe to
several Ng's and I lurk and I don't post much; but I just love jumping
on idiots like you that think they are in control; when in fact they
aren't. Some one asks a simple question, looking for some help; and a
idiot like you takes the effort to reply; and makes a stupid; useless
comment: : "Ask elsewhere".
I'll read your next childish reply. But no; I won't reply. I think I
made my point! But for slow learners like you it really doesn't matter.
Looking forward to your words of wisdom in your reply.
I enjoy the odd chuckle!