First  |  Prev |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21
Emulating <PRE>
If the text inside: <SPAN SYLE="white-space:pre;font-family:monospace"> .... displays in font Courier New whereas my browser is set to display monospace text in font Andale Mono, then is that a problem with my CSS, or my browser? Text inside <PRE> does use Andale Mono. -- Steve Swift http://www.swiftys.... 2 Apr 2010 14:49
Style sheet question: difference between div#score vs. #score
On Mar 28, 11:36 pm, "Jukka K. Korpela" <jkorp...(a)cs.tut.fi> wrote: A. Deguza wrote: Thanks for your response Chris, but I may not have posed my question properly. Well, you did not give a hint of the topic in the Subject line (all questions in this group are supposed to be about style sheets), an... 31 Mar 2010 05:26
Style sheet question
Hello All: I have been learning about the use style sheets to build web pages for the past month or so. I have now a few simple web pages for my nephew's soccer site that work. One of the things I came across at a different site's CSS puzzled me a bit: The page refers to an div ID of "scores". On the style... 29 Mar 2010 06:55
Italic fonts vs. Slanted letters
In <news:ea1nn.15628$pL1.10899(a)uutiset.elisa.fi> Jukka K. Korpela wrote: if you suggest Arial and Geneva as alternatives, what makes you think Arial should be favored when both are available? Geneva has a similar function on Mac OS as Microsoft Sans Serif has on Windows. However, nobody seems to list Micros... 26 Mar 2010 14:18
Mac Webkit ignores line-height and vertical-align.
I have a stack of LI elements on a sidebar with an anchor inside each of them. In every browser I've tested in every OS except Chrome and Safari on Mac, I've managed to keep the text vertically centralized. The page can be seen at http://blog.agenciameteoro.com.br/. I've already tried searching the archives for... 25 Mar 2010 13:45
246335 Information portals for computer and Web technology 44
I fell in love with the net and all the compuiter teahcnology in the very early years and have loved it ever since, I have an IT Degree and Communications degree and will be working on my doctorate for the next five years, in bwetween I design websites, databases, Multimedia Produxction or anything that wil make me a p... 22 Mar 2010 21:47
Form
Hello, I am working on a form: http://www.flyondreams.net/flyonpages/ And I have a few questions: 1. The error messages, in red, are not top aligned after a textarea. How can I make it top aligned in all browsers? 2. Is it possible to change the text of the browse button? I want to make i... 27 Mar 2010 15:23
CSS3 Transformation Suggestion: Add additional perspective version to 3D transformations
Hi, I'd like to suggest another function prototype to the CSS3 3D Transformation perspective definition: The second perspective function declaration would be: perspective(dx1,dy1,dx2,dy2,dx3,dy3,dx4,dy5) Where parameters constitute four <length>,<length> tuples, describing an offset from each of the fou... 28 Mar 2010 13:24
Which CSS apply to <frameset> and <frame>?
Hi, I am currently updating one of my websites from old HTML 3.2 to HTML 4.01. As I can see, a couple of attributes have been deprecated in HTML 4.01 FRAMESET DTD (e.g. framespacing, border, frameborder). However, I don't seem to be able to get rid of margins between adjacent frames by CSS. Which CSS prope... 22 Mar 2010 20:38
CSS3: Suggestion for another list-style-type
Hello, in the current WD on CSS3 Lists I am missing a list-style-type of <string>. It doesn't seem to be easily possible to create lists with any arbitrary character (sequence), e.g.: * foo * bar or » foo » bar So I'd like to suggest to expand the list-style-type property definition to... 23 Mar 2010 04:31