First  |  Prev |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24
Three-column css: Am I all wrong?
On Thu, 24 Dec 2009 12:25:54 -0800 (PST), GTalbot <newsgroup(a)gtalbot.org> wrote: Thanks for your suggestions. I'm now intending to use a good, professional 3-column template rather than invent my own. As to background etc., I didn't intend to trigger comment on that or on anything but the technique of thre... 25 Dec 2009 14:43
making an invisible div element visible on mouse hover
How can one write website styles for making an invisible div element with child nodes visible. Like, when the mouse hovers a navigation item, a box appears below it and well positioned too. You can see an example, for example, at the verisign site: www.verisign.com, just hove the mouse over any of the navigation... 23 Dec 2009 10:49
making an invisible div element visible on mouse hover
Mark Hansen wrote: Of course, users can disable CSS as well. Best to have a fall-back in either case. Generally with a CSS menu when CSS is disabled all the links become visible so navigation is not lost. Not always the case with JavaScript -- Take care, Jonathan ------------------- LITTLE WORKS ... 23 Dec 2009 10:49
Three-column css: Am I all wrong?
I'm trying to do this in html 4.01 strict, validated, and getting "[browser]CSS1compat" MSIE-7, Opera, Firefox, Safari (PC) -- They disagree about top of right column. ( incidentally, I'd like to center it on the reader's screen, but don't know how -- and it sure isn't "liquid" ) Please, your 1- minute r... 23 Dec 2009 13:37
How to place a picture centered on a webpage / with fixed offset of 300 pixels from left border?
Assume I have a picture which I want to put centered on a webpage. The picture should NOT be stretched. The problem now is that I do not know the current browser window size of a potential user. So the web page/CSS must find it out dynamically. If the browser windows is SMALLER than the picture then the picture... 21 Dec 2009 07:59
Paragraph with caption in margin
I'm trying to establish a left margin for a summary paragraph, with the word "Summary" in the margin. It's not working in IE7, and I'd appreciate some help. It works fine in Firefox; see this URL: http://www.tc3.edu/instruct/sbrown/stat/correl.htm But in IE7 the same page has problems: the word "Summary" is ... 6 Jan 2010 08:29
Top Align Div and Paragraph
Comments wanted
In alt.html.critique, Mason C wrote: New page design What is new? As I recall, it looks just about the same as it did the last time you asked. I think I see one new annoyance: when mousing over that bottom doodad on the left, the browser window changes completely to a full-sized picture of the field (wh... 17 Dec 2009 22:35
Align Bottom
Hello, On the following example: http://www.flyondreams.net/layout.html How can I have both the image and the list text aligned on the bottom? At the moment they are vertically aligned on top. Thanks, Miguel ... 17 Dec 2009 20:23
a replacement to yahoo geocities or something similar
Is there an alternate geocities out in cyberspace? I learnt from a friend that yahoo geocities has been discontinued and I really need something like that which I can use for experimental and presentational purposes? Someone please help xnt -- ich bin ein berliner ... 19 Dec 2009 21:26