First  |  Prev |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24
Percentage of web pages with XHTML code vs, "traditional" HTML?
Make a guess: How man of all the web pages out there a currently coded with XHTML and how many with old traditional HTML? Susanne ... 14 Feb 2010 05:12
alternate "print" style sheet
I have very little hair and I cannot afford to pull any more out so I'd appreciate any insight anyone can give on this one. On all my pages I include a style sheet for printing. Basically all it does is omit the nav buttons and adjust the margins. When I implemented it (ages ago) I tested it on a couple of p... 14 Feb 2010 11:45
Center Table using CSS
I have a form with a table. Link provided below. I have centered the table on the form using <table align="center">. While this works, it does not validate. How can I center the table using CSS? http://www.corporateairamerica.com/center_form.php Tom ... 13 Feb 2010 17:09
What means a blank between two Tags in CSS ? How to setup a margin top of a TABLE?
When I inspect a CSS I found entries of the kind TABLE TD { .... } Mind the blank betwen the two tags! What does that mean? Do all following instructions apply to the list of tags before? I thought such a list will be concatenated by commas. Furthermore I would like to setup a margin before (=to the top/no... 17 Feb 2010 00:02
Sprites for screen readers
If I understand the concept of sprites correctly, I would basically create an empty <DIV></DIV> tag with fixed width and height, then use CSS to define the background of this DIV by reading certain points of a single larger image. A very small percentage of my website traffic uses a screen reader (for the visual... 12 Feb 2010 21:19
Resize image
Hello, I need to display a list of images on a page but I need to rescale them. I am planning to use CSS to rescale to 50%. Both width and height. The original width / height is 200px by 100px. What do you think? Thank You, Miguel ... 27 Feb 2010 18:46
Newbie question
Can somebody explain to me what is this: *+html .Selector1 .Selector2, *+html .Selector3 .Selector4 { background-image: url('anImage.gif'); } what does the "*+html" symbol means? Also why is there a comma in the first line? I mean, would it be the same if we write: *+html .Selector1 .Selector2 .Sel... 12 Feb 2010 23:32
Selector for content?/code in monospaced font
Jukka K. Korpela wrote: Source code is indented using spaces, so why would it matter what the widths of other characters are? To me, alignment of characters is nearly as important as alignment of tabbed or spaced indentations for understanding some code. A quick example is code that sends characters to a h... 27 Feb 2010 14:20
Need some help with a styles page
In article <dennism3-ya02408000R0602101953330001(a)news.datemas.de>, dennism3(a)dennism3.invalid (Dennis M) wrote: I was hoping someone could tell me how to modify this page so that visited links will be a gray color, let's say #737373. a:visited {color: #737373; background: #whatever_you_want;} <http... 6 Feb 2010 21:48
How to protect simply a web page access by password with javascript (non-military grade)?
I would like to protect a certain web page by a password (one password for all visitors). The protection need not to be on military level. Think of a private photo gallery. It should be however simple to setup without access and configuration of web server. As far as I remember I have seen such a protection som... 6 Feb 2010 14:05