From: measekite on
On Thu, 25 Dec 2008 02:47:50 -0800, Arthur Entlich wrote:

> I'm only responding to mindless Measekite because he's been quoted, so I
> have seen his reply, and because he is, as per usual, speaking out of
> his lower orifice.

What orrifice are you using to top post when others have requested you do
not do this.

You are the type that just does not give a damn what others think.

> Canon printers may work without resetting the chip while losing the ink
> monitor systems which may lead to a head burnout, but Epson printers
> simply will not work if the cartridges chip is not reset or replaced
> with a new one. Epson and other inkjet manufacturers have used legal
> means based, in part, on the political climate in North America, to
> "protect" their ink sales by claiming patent infringement. In some
> cases, the patents themselves were adopted to force 3rd party companies
> to violate them in order for the cartridges to work with the printer
> design.

Don't you think that is terrific.

> My hope is that with the change of administration in the White House and
> more awareness of the environmental impact of these horrible business
> models, as in the EU, North America will be legislated into providing
> refillable cartridges.

Do not count on it. I am glad you are not allowed to vote.

> Art
>
> If you are interested in issues surrounding e-waste,

No interested.

From: measekite on
On Wed, 24 Dec 2008 19:17:16 -0800, IntergalacticExpandingPanda wrote:

> On Dec 22, 12:48 pm, measekite <inkysti...(a)oem.com> wrote:
>> On Sun, 21 Dec 2008 22:24:25 -0800, Arthur Entlich wrote:
>> > Indeed, I feel similarly with any chipped cartridge...  Of course, that
>> > would defeat the whole reason they put the chip there to begin with (in
>> > spite of what they may claim).
>>
>> > With Epsons, which I have a lot more experience with, I have seen many
>> > chip and chip firmware related problems, as well as hardware related
>> > problems related to the chips.  I find it ironic that purchasers end up
>> > paying extra for the printer, and the ink cartridges, and have
>> > additional issues with their printers so that they can be forced to buy
>> > the manufacturer's ink. "What a 'country'!" ;-)
>>
>> > Art
>>
>> The above top posted statement is incorrect.  The mfgs are not forcing
>> anybody to use the correct ink.  There are many jerks that do not follow
>> the advice of the mfg and get lousy results but either they lie about what
>> they get or they are unknowingly willing to accept poorer results and
>> enjoy complaining and having issues with their printers.
>>
>> The majority of printer users do in fact use OEM productgs.
>
> Manufacturers are doing their best to force users to use their ink.

I called Canon and Epson and they say you are lying when you make these
stupid statements.

> With Epson they employ a patented cartridge design and use chips. Same
> with Canon, they went after third party manufacturers that used prisms
> in the UK, and they started using chips in their cartridges. HP has been
> using chips for some time, though many printers are the head on the cart
> type which to be fair is more of an issue to have refilled, and can't
> exactly be manufactured with ease by a 3rd party, well, until the patent
> expired.

That is great news.

> Manufacturers are in fact trying to force users to buy their ink.

That is dumb. You do not have to buy their printers; therefore you do not
have to use their ink.

> I'm perfectly willing to accept there are some cartridges and inks that
> have issues. Making an informed choice is important. That's why people
> like my self share information about products we've actually tried. MIS

The value of what you share is not worth much.

> inks I've used enough to say my printer did not explode. I replaced the
> head after 15 cartridge changes. I saved over a grand which I used for
> a modest vacation, Porta del Carmen, Cancun, Merida, Chitzen Itza.

If you spent less that is understandable but you saved nothing.,

> For aftermarket ink for the Canon, there isn't really an archival
> solution, but my main application is printing on discs where the discs

That is for sure.

> are in cases not near sunlight. Not an issue. OEM Canon ink is not
> very archival in the first place, so I see little point paying 10x as

According to Wilhelm you are giving incorrect information. Canon's Claria
inks and Epsons K34 inks are archival when using appropriatge paper.

> much
for a substandard product. For archival, I'm going to use the
> Epson 1280 with pigmented ink. That without a doubt will out perform
> OEM dye which to be fair was pretty lame on that model.
First  |  Prev  |
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Prev: Printing on toilet paper
Next: Lexmark Z640 vs Z2320