From: Mike Williams on
"Alex Clark" <quanta(a)noemail.noemail> wrote in message

>>> No it doesn't. Gosub, for example, is not supported in VB.Net. Stop
> Well goodness gracious, they finally killed it off?

Yep. You were wrong again! Now be a good troll and go play somewhere else.
You are absolutely no help at all to the posters in the VB6 group and you
are not wanted here.

Mike

From: Karl E. Peterson on
Mike Williams wrote:
> "Scott M." <s-mar(a)nospam.nospam> wrote ...
>
>> If that's what you need to feel good about yourself, sure.
>> Now, you can go back to beating your wife and children.
>
> . . . and now the real Scotty appears! Troll.

Yep. Made him blink. :-)
--
..NET: It's About Trust!
http://vfred.mvps.org

From: Scott M. on

"Mike Williams" <Mike(a)WhiskyAndCoke.com> wrote in message
> Now be a good troll and stop pestering us on the VB6 newsgroup with your
> evangelistic dotnet drivel.

Make you a deal Mike... You point out *exactly* what I've said in this
thread that is evangelistic about .NET and I'll do exactly as you suggest.

-Scott

From: Scott M. on
Oh, I get it. It's fine for you all to be the one's slinging insults, but
the second someone you disagree with does it...

You all just keep on making my point for me.

Thank you.

From: Scott M. on

"Dave O." <nobody(a)nowhere.com> wrote in message
> Hi Scott, you must have right wing political sympathies because you have
> used a favourite right wing method of choosing or inventing an irrelevant
> point and then defending it to the exclusion of any points raised by their
> opposition.

I'm simply responding to a statement you made, which is completely false.

> I was replying to a direct question posted by the previous writer to a
> general point. There is no mechanism in newsgroups to have a separate
> conversation within a thread so all sorts of thing may crop up in a thread
> which are not exactly germane to the original post, strangely your post
> had nothing to say about the use of "Call" in any language so you are just
> as guilty as myself.
>
> To prevent myself from committing the same perceived offence, perhaps we
> should consider the usage of "Call" in .NET is like the usage of "Let" in
> VB6; it's there but of little utility.

To the best of my recollection, "Let" was absolutly required as the property
setter, in other words, there was a valid reason for the keyword. Call
provides no such benefit in .NET. It accomplishes nothing.

-Scott

> Dave O.
>

> "Scott M." <s-mar(a)nospam.nospam> wrote in message
>> What I find really telling is that there has been absolutely NO
>> advocation of .NET in this thread. There has been no evangelism about it
>> whatsoever. What is being discussed is simply the use a particular
>> keyword in it. Yet, the "usual suspects" have climbed up on their holier
>> than thou horese and started with the usual ranting and raving about how
>> bad it is that .NET is being evangelized and advocated here.
>>
>> Best I can tell, these folks know how to write, but just not how to read.
>>
>> -Scott
>>

>> "Dave O." <nobody(a)nowhere.com> wrote in message
>>>
>>> "mayayana" <mayaXXyana(a)rcXXn.com> wrote in message
>>>
>>> You know what, I reckon that subconsciously they need to convince
>>> themselves that .NET is worth the time and effort they've put into it.
>>> They must realize that no amount of evangelizing is going to convince
>>> the overwhelming majority of VB6 users to move to .NET, if these VB6
>>> users were going to jump that way we'd have done it ages ago. They must
>>> also realize that one language is not intrinsically "better" than
>>> another, it's "horses for courses", they might find .NET does what they
>>> need and good luck to them if it's so. I just wish they would go away
>>> and leave this NG alone.
>>>

>>> Dave O.

First  |  Prev  |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28
Prev: crack for VSFlex8 in VB6.0
Next: Component Handles