From: Karl E. Peterson on
Mike Williams wrote:
> "Alex Clark" <quanta(a)noemail.noemail> wrote ...
>> , still supports
>> an ancient keword like "Call". And, unfortunately, GoTo
>> as well. And, in fact, every other core BASIC keyword.
>
> No it doesn't. Gosub, for example, is not supported in VB.Net. Stop
> repeatedly making untrue and ill thought out statements, troll.

And let's not forget keyword redefinitions, the very definition of EVIL.

For example, there was absolutely no reason to abuse Return as they did, when an
optional [retval] parameter could have just as easily been added to Exit Function.

Yeah, yeah, then the purists would've had to explicitly admit multiple exit points,
I know. Horrors!
--
..NET: It's About Trust!
http://vfred.mvps.org

From: Karl E. Peterson on
mayayana wrote:
> What does all this mean? Is it some sort of
> .Net syndrome? Mad Net Disease? Or maybe .Net
> is like the Mormons: You have to go out and evangelize
> for a period of time? Or maybe this phenomenon is
> signalling the beginning of the end of .Net.

Yeah, it's like the cheeseheads invading *every* NFL board diss'ing the Vikings
because they're 4-0 with a purple #4! <snicker>

> Even cranky, fervent Linux devotees don't go so far
> as to hang around other groups to tell people they're
> using the wrong tool or product.

Stick a brat in it. It's over! <eg>
--
..NET: It's About Trust!
http://vfred.mvps.org

From: Karl E. Peterson on
Paul Clement once again proves irony knows no bounds:

--
..NET: It's About Trust!
http://vfred.mvps.org

From: Eduardo on
mayayana escribi�:
> Or maybe .Net
> is like the Mormons: You have to go out and evangelize
> for a period of time?

LOL!
From: Scott M. on
Yes, seriously Tom.

The first thing any classic VB developer should learn about VB .NET is that
it isn't VB 6 and as such, they are going to have to change their coding
mentality to get the most from .NET.

As someone who has trained literally thousands of people on .NET since its
inception (and a good chunk of those being classic VB developers), I can
tell you that IMHO not only is the continued use of "Call" not something
that is taught, but rather it is something that is actively discouraged
(along with all the other legacy VB stuff).

-Scott

"Tom Shelton" <tom_shelton(a)comcastXXXXXXX.net> wrote in message
> On 2009-10-06, Scott M. <s-mar(a)nospam.nospam> wrote:
>>
>> "Tom Shelton" <tom_shelton(a)comcastXXXXXXX.net> wrote in message
>>>>

>>> Where was it rquired in VB6?
>>>
>>> Besides, required or not is beside the point. It's there, it can be
>>> used - so
>>> you can't judge it to be vb6 code simple because it uses the the call
>>> keyword.
>>>
>>> --
>>> Tom Shelton
>>
>> I disagree. I think that in "reality" you can very easily make a very
>> accurate educated guess that this code is VB 6 code.
>
> Are you kidding? Seriously, Scott - many VB.CLASSIC developers (including
> myself) used to be in the habbit of using call on almost all calls that
> didn't
> assign a value - simply because the VB.CLASSIC way of handeling parens was
> so
> confusing :) Do you think they are just going to give up that habbit
> overnight? I know lots of my early VB.NET code has lots of Call
> statements in
> it :)
>
> --
> Tom Shelton

First  |  Prev  |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21
Prev: crack for VSFlex8 in VB6.0
Next: Component Handles