From: Scott M. on

"Karl E. Peterson" <karl(a)exmvps.org> wrote in message
> Scott M. wrote:
>> I disagree.
>
> So what are you, our new little Token Republican?
>
>> I think that in "reality" you can very easily make a very
>> accurate educated guess
>
> Yeah, that would seem to "confirm" the "hypothesis" alright.
> --
> .NET: It's About Trust!
> http://vfred.mvps.org

Karl, what is your purpose in this thread? You certainly aren't
contributing any relevant information that futhers the discussion. Instead,
you are just dropping in insulting babble, when none is warranted.

There's a word for people that do that in newsgroups. I'll leave it to you
to figure out what that word is.

-Scott

From: Karl E. Peterson on
Scott M. wrote:
> "Karl E. Peterson" <karl(a)exmvps.org> wrote...
>> Scott M. wrote:
>>> I disagree.
>>
>> So what are you, our new little Token Republican?
>>
>>> I think that in "reality" you can very easily make a very
>>> accurate educated guess
>>
>> Yeah, that would seem to "confirm" the "hypothesis" alright.
>
> Karl,

Thought you *plonked* me, troll. <LOL>
--
..NET: It's About Trust!
http://vfred.mvps.org

From: Mike Williams on
"Scott M." <s-mar(a)nospam.nospam> wrote in message

>> That's not what you said. You said it's "not used", a statement
>> which you are not qualified to make unless you . . . . .

> Well, I disagree with that assesment.

You can disagree all you want, Scotty. Whether you agree or not means
nothing to me because you are a not important and your presence here is not
required. I was commenting solely on what you actually said, which was
simply "it is not used in VB.Net". For you to amplify your statement now, as
you have just done, to the phrase "not used by the development platform",
which is not quite the same thing, is just a bit of duckin' and divin' on
your part. At least be honest enough to stick by what you actually said,
instead of performing all this dishonest duckin' and divin'. Quite simply,
the Call keyword is available in VB.Net, and it can therefore be used in
VB.Net, and you are not personally qualified to say whether or not it
actually has been so used.

Personally, judging solely by the actual contents of the OP's very first
post on this subject, it is not at all clear whether he is using VB6 or
something else, because the code snippet he posted will work both in VB6 and
in VB.Net. However, the fact that his very first post was made to what is
considered to be the Classic VB newsgroup would initially indicate that he
is either using using Classic VB, and probably VB6, or that he is using
something else that has been dishonestly been given the VB name and he has
become confused by the Micro$oft lies.

Going contrary to that, however, is the fact that according to the times
shown here he made that post at 20:21 on 4th October and three and a half
hours later he received a response telling him how to do it in VB6. He then
received a further response at 03:00 hrs the following day advising him that
VB.Net questions should be posted on the VB.Net newsgroup. Then, about seven
hours after that second response, despite the fact that a VB6 solution had
already been posted, the OP posted exactly the same question (without the
code extract) to the VB.Net group. So unless the OP did not actually read
any of the responses it would appear that even after being given a VB6
solution to his problem, he later posted the same question to the VB.Net
group, having been told where it was, which would tend to indicate that me
might be using VB.Net.

So, going by the two contradictory and yet perfectly rational judgements
outlined above, it is not really clear whether the OP is using VB6 or
VB.Net. The code snippet he posted will work in either, and such code
snippets have actually been used in both of them. Personally I have an open
mind on the matter. The one thing I am definite about though, and the one
thing that is becoming ever more clear, is the fact that you are a troll,
Scotty.

Mike

From: Mike Williams on

> I don't see how *my* age has anything to do with anything

Well, we're clearly dealing with a troll. We just want to know whether you
are a young troll or an old troll.

Mike

From: deactivated on
On Mon, 5 Oct 2009 21:31:25 -0400, "MikeD" <nobody(a)nowhere.edu> wrote:

>You're mistaken. The Call keyword is NEVER required in VB6 either. You just
>have to make sure you're using the right syntax.

I once spent a complete hour to sort that out and the effects are
subtle.
Here goes.

Private Function DoThing(byref value as long) as long
Dim va;ue as long
' some code
value = 2 * value
DoThing = value
End function

dim lngValue as Long, lngPassed as Long

lngPassed = DoThing lngValue

lngValue will have the new value, same as lngPassed

lngPassed = DoThing(lngValue) ==Note parenthesis
lngValue is now passed ByVal !

Call will prevent getting the value of lngPassed but will have the
same effect as previously.

Call DoThing( lngValue ) parenthesis are needed. This is still passed
ByRef.

Call DoThing(( lngValue )) note the double parenthesis:. This is now
passed ByVal.

Hope that helps.

90 people get the swine flu and everybody wants to wear a mask.
A million people have AIDS and no one wants to wear a condom.

First  |  Prev  |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16
Prev: crack for VSFlex8 in VB6.0
Next: Component Handles