From: Tom Shelton on
On 2009-10-08, Tom Shelton <tom_shelton(a)comcastXXXXXXX.net> wrote:
> On 2009-10-08, Bill McCarthy <bill(a)localhost.com> wrote:
>> Hi Tom,
>>
>> "Tom Shelton" <tom_shelton(a)comcastXXXXXXX.net> wrote in message

>>> I never saw anything wrong with gosub as a language structure, but since I
>>> came to the VB party in version 4 when it was already documented as being
>>> huge perfromance hit to use - I never got in the habbit of using it in
>>> VB...
>>>

>> Right it was really from an era long ago and had long been abandoned without
>> replacement ;)
>>

>>> Though, I used it quite frequently in my first formal programming job -
>>> since
>>> for the first year, I spend part of my time dealing with code written in a
>>> form of basic called IMS/BASIC - it was port of buisness basic to unix
>>> and
>>> unix like systems :)
>>>

>> Not familiar with it. Did it have formal structures like UDT's or classes ?

Dang - forgot to answer this. No classes, but it did have UDT's. This was a
very old dialect of basic :)

--
Tom Shelton
From: Eduardo on
Tom Shelton escribi�:

> var list = new List<int>() {1, 2, 3, 4, 5};
> list.ForEach ( i => Console.WriteLine (i) );

Is this BASIC???

What an ugly code!

<int>{};
=>;

( http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Esoteric_programming_language )

PS: One of the reasons I had chosen VB over Delphi is because I hate
braces and semicolons.

When will we have a new version of VB based on BASIC?
From: Tom Shelton on
On 2009-10-08, Eduardo <mm(a)mm.com> wrote:
> Tom Shelton escribi�:
>
>> var list = new List<int>() {1, 2, 3, 4, 5};
>> list.ForEach ( i => Console.WriteLine (i) );
>
> Is this BASIC???

That's C#. Don't freak out dude! It was an example of why lambda's are
limited in the current version of VB - it takes more code to accomplish
what that 2 line C# snipit does.

> What an ugly code!

I personally like it :)

><int>{};
>=>;
>
> ( http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Esoteric_programming_language )
>
> PS: One of the reasons I had chosen VB over Delphi is because I hate
> braces and semicolons.

To each his own. I love c style syntax - always have. Not a big fan of what
little pascal i've messed with over the years - never caught my interest
really.

> When will we have a new version of VB based on BASIC?

Well, some of us believe we do - but, lets not get into that argument.

--
Tom Shelton
From: Mike Williams on
"Scott M." <s-mar(a)nospam.nospam> wrote in message

> You realise that in your response, you baiscally
> made my point, right?

No. I realise that in your response you basically made my point.

Mike

From: Eduardo on
Tom Shelton escribi�:

>> Is this BASIC???
>>

> That's C#.

I feel better now. LOL!

I thought it was the alient VB.
First  |  Prev  |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26
Prev: crack for VSFlex8 in VB6.0
Next: Component Handles