From: Nobody on
"Scott M." <s-mar(a)nospam.nospam> wrote in message
> It's supported for legacy reasons, but not needed at all. It's not
> included in any code snippets or required as it is in VB 6. In short,
> there is no reason to ever use or need it in .NET.
>
> -Scott

It's supported for legacy reasons, but not needed at all. It's not included
in any code snippets or required as it is in QuickBasic. In short, there is
no
reason to ever use or need it in VB6.

From: Tom Shelton on
On 2009-10-05, Scott M. <s-mar(a)nospam.nospam> wrote:
> It's supported for legacy reasons, but not needed at all. It's not included
> in any code snippets or required as it is in VB 6. In short, there is no
> reason to ever use or need it in .NET.

Where was it rquired in VB6?

Besides, required or not is beside the point. It's there, it can be used - so
you can't judge it to be vb6 code simple because it uses the the call keyword.

--
Tom Shelton
From: Mike Williams on
"Scott M." <s-mar(a)nospam.nospam> wrote in message

> [Call keyword] It's supported for legacy reasons,
> but not needed at all.

That's not what you said. You said it's "not used", a statement which you
are not qualified to make unless you personally know every single person in
the world who has ever written or will ever write VB.Net code and unless you
have complete details of everything they have ever written and everything
they will ever write :-)

Mike

From: Eduardo on
Nobody escribi�:
> "Scott M." <s-mar(a)nospam.nospam> wrote in message
>> It's supported for legacy reasons, but not needed at all. It's not
>> included in any code snippets or required as it is in VB 6. In short,
>> there is no reason to ever use or need it in .NET.
>>
>> -Scott
>
> It's supported for legacy reasons, but not needed at all. It's not included
> in any code snippets or required as it is in QuickBasic. In short, there is
> no
> reason to ever use or need it in VB6.

I remeber I've read something in the past about that:

Call Function (Parameter1, Parameter2)

was in some way handled different that

Function Parameter1, Parameter2

But I don't remember what the difference was.
It would be interesting if someone could explain if there is really any
difference and what is it about.

From: Henning on
And as usual, the OP has already posted in the dotnet group!
And then the issue of Call in dotnet takes place in the wrong group, as
usual!

/Henning

"Scott M." <s-mar(a)nospam.nospam> skrev i meddelandet
> Not sure what you mean by reading it as "part of the message" and "didn't
> post it separately", but again, the keyword "Call" is not used in .NET, so
> it must be a VB 6 question.
>
> -Scott
>
> "Nobody" <nobody(a)nobody.com> wrote in message
>> "Scott M." <s-mar(a)nospam.nospam> wrote in message
>>> What makes you think this post is about .NET? The fact that the code
>>> uses the keyword "Call" seems to be a tip-off that it's a VB 6 question,
>>> since "Call" is not used in VB .NET.
>>
>> I read it as part of the message since he didn't post it separately.
>> Also, he posted here before but about dotnet, and I saw some of his posts
>> in the dotnet group. He must have posted here by mistake...

First  |  Prev  |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13
Prev: crack for VSFlex8 in VB6.0
Next: Component Handles