From: Scott M. on

"MikeD" <nobody(a)nowhere.edu> wrote in message
> You're mistaken. The Call keyword is NEVER required in VB6 either. You
> just have to make sure you're using the right syntax.
>

> --
> Mike

I didn't intend to start a sub-thread here so I will simply say that I'm not
mistaken, but that many of you are interpreting my comments way too
literally and not getting the intented meaning of my statements.

"Call" is a keyword that originated with classic VB. If you find that
keyword used in a .NET applicaiton, it's not because the code was written
from the ground up with that word, it's because the code most likely
originated as classic VB and got migrated to .NET.

Even that scenario is very unlikely. As such, it is not a stretch at all to
assume that a code snip containing the Call keyword is coming from VB 6
code.

-Scott

From: Scott M. on

"Henning" <computer_hero(a)coldmail.com> wrote in message
> And as usual, the OP has already posted in the dotnet group!
> And then the issue of Call in dotnet takes place in the wrong group, as
> usual!
>
> /Henning

Since you seem to be very "used" to this kind of thing, one would expect
you'd have gotten over it by now instead of letting it keep you up at night.

If you haven't read the entire thread, you should because it has spawned an
explanation of the proper use of the Call keyword in relation to a VB 6
application, which certainly belongs in the VB 6 newsgroup, no?

-Scott

From: Karl E. Peterson on
Scott M. wrote:
> I disagree.

So what are you, our new little Token Republican?

> I think that in "reality" you can very easily make a very
> accurate educated guess

Yeah, that would seem to "confirm" the "hypothesis" alright.
--
..NET: It's About Trust!
http://vfred.mvps.org

From: Karl E. Peterson on
Scott M. wrote:
> "Call" is a keyword that originated with classic VB.

Bull. How old are you, anyway?
--
..NET: It's About Trust!
http://vfred.mvps.org

From: Scott M. on

"Karl E. Peterson" <karl(a)exmvps.org> wrote in message
> Scott M. wrote:
>> "Call" is a keyword that originated with classic VB.
>
> Bull. How old are you, anyway?

You disagree that "Call" originated with classic VB?

I don't see how *my* age has anything to do with anything since I'm not the
one making childish remarks.

-Scott

> --
> .NET: It's About Trust!
> http://vfred.mvps.org

First  |  Prev  |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15
Prev: crack for VSFlex8 in VB6.0
Next: Component Handles