From: Sak Wathanasin on
On 14 July, 14:59, Sara <saramerri...(a)blueyonder.co.uk> wrote:

> > However, the phones will still be locked to O2, so you will need to
> > get them unlocked. Tesco are doing  pretty good deal at the moment.
>
> Once they're out of contract, don't O2 have to unlock them if asked?
> When we moved from Vodafone they unlocked them all without quesion or
> charge.

That means they're already unlocked - sorry, thought you got the
iPhones through an O2 contract, in which case they would have been
locked to O2 (mine are - must get round to unlocking them).
From: Jon B on
Sara <saramerriman(a)blueyonder.co.uk> wrote:

> In article <1jlmdiv.1k39i1x1no3jf3N%black.hole(a)jonbradbury.com>,
> black.hole(a)jonbradbury.com (Jon B) wrote:
>
> > Sara <saramerriman(a)blueyonder.co.uk> wrote:
> >
> > > And to make matters worse - I'm also looking at broadband deals,
> > > landline deals and *and* a whole new hardware phone system.
> > >
> > Eeek. Do like Phone Co-op for our lines esp at work. All based in
> > Oxford, bloody good support, cheaper than BT. Keeps us happy.
> >
> I'm down to a choice of three hardware options or a fully hosted IP
> system - no hardware on site bat handsets. Scary, but interesting idea.

Yeah, be interested on details but worrying that would be at risk of
ISP. Presumably would stick that behind something bit more resistant
that standard ADSL.

> > Had one come to look at ours the other month, told us our phone system
> > was old and outdated (installed back in 2003), and then on our budget
> > recommended the £4000 Siemens Hi Path 3550. Hum, we've got a Siemens
> > 3550 bolted to the wall already... [1]
>
> It's a Siemens Hi Path that we're getting rid of.
> >
> > > Sob. How many salesmen can I listen to before someone - them or me -
> > > dies.
> >
> > Think positively, it's them that has to die.
> >
> > [1] And it's a modular system, want to swap something, slide a card out
> > and slide in the new version of it. No need to replace the full system.
>
> Until you *want* to do that, then suddenly it's not so easy. Or cheap.

Always the way. I've looked at the Draytek 3510IP system but right now
the 9-5 hasn't got the budget for anything till the Siemens breaks
anyway. What's the hardware options you've looked at?
--
Jon B
Above email address IS valid.
From: Sara on
In article <1jlmk5s.13zv209tjfvnN%jim(a)magrathea.plus.com>,
jim(a)magrathea.plus.com (Jim) wrote:

> Sara <saramerriman(a)blueyonder.co.uk> wrote:
>
> > > I am the professor of not envying you, not envying you university,
> > > notenvyingyousville. Have an owl.
> >
> > awww ta. An owl always makes me feel better.
>
> Even large ones?
>
> Jim

Oh yes! The bigger the better - even if they are all furriners.

--
Sara

Run out of ideas for a sig for the moment
From: Sara on
In article
<a20fe548-4f4b-49c6-b939-48b2d55cc3db(a)d8g2000yqf.googlegroups.com>,
Sak Wathanasin <sw(a)nan.co.uk> wrote:

> On 14 July, 14:59, Sara <saramerri...(a)blueyonder.co.uk> wrote:
>
> > > However, the phones will still be locked to O2, so you will need to
> > > get them unlocked. Tesco are doing �pretty good deal at the moment.
> >
> > Once they're out of contract, don't O2 have to unlock them if asked?
> > When we moved from Vodafone they unlocked them all without quesion or
> > charge.
>
> That means they're already unlocked - sorry, thought you got the
> iPhones through an O2 contract, in which case they would have been
> locked to O2 (mine are - must get round to unlocking them).

Yes I did - the Vodafone lot were the old handsets, not the iPhones. My
mistake for using 'them' to mean two things in one place.

From: Sara on
In article <saramerriman-584FC0.15023114072010(a)news.individual.net>,
Sara <saramerriman(a)blueyonder.co.uk> wrote:

> I'm down to a choice of three hardware options or a fully hosted IP
> system - no hardware on site bat handsets. Scary, but interesting idea.
^^^

That should have been a 'but'. I sort of like the idea of bat handsets
though.